Outlook integration with nav 5 sp1 with ext exchange server

KisuKisu Member Posts: 381
If I have external exchange server where I have mailbox which our outlook uses, how could I make connection between the outlook to navision via outlook integration.

Is there a way to associate the exchange users with our own domain nav sql users?
K.S.

Comments

• Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Check how to install the outlook integration and e-mail logging on Partnersource. It explains the process step by step.
  • KisuKisu Member Posts: 381
    Okay I past that error now, I had local sql instance that somehow cross blocked things.. I reinstalled nav with outlook plugins, then installet outlook options on the setupwindows second page and then installed application service and run them. I conffed the application server and made those users and now I'm on the phace I should setup the outlook via the settings.
    But on the Connection tab, I have ms sql server radiobutton selected, selected my server (which was found on the list), when I drill down for select Database name, it says:
    Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

Any help how could I get the user up for that '' ..?
    K.S.
    Btw is Active directory optional or must here, we have it on our sql server? The user which I made for this computer's AS is local admin
    K.S.
    Outlook integration will require Windows login, which requires active directory.
    I got the windows login and its on AD too but the outlook connection setting cant find the database/tryes to log on with '' still. It finds the server..

How does the outlook know which windows user I use on the connection with that connection setup if I login on my account on external exchange server?
    K.S.
    Did you check how to install Outlook integration whitepaper from Microsoft yet?

I think what's missing is the application server portion.
    The application server is up and running, shows on the logs and started with the parameter said on the help steps. :-k
    K.S.
  • derrickderrick Member Posts: 86
    From the error msg shown, definitely is your SQL Server user problem, you could narrow down your troubleshooting scope by using a local copy of SQL Server instead of any remote DB Server if you had not tried it yet, since the local set of SQL Server definitely allows "Truested" log in.
    Could test it but it kinda takes out the point of having sql server, and the db wouldnt probaply fit on my laptop.
    K.S.
    Why did you say "out the point"? The outcome of the testing can prove your setting is 100% correct if it works with local SQL Server. Right now, ppl can only tell you 99% wrong on your SQL Server user rights. Alternatively, you could install the SQL Server client to test your remote connection to the DB Server with Trusted connection.

For the local installation, you do not need to load in your live DB if it's too huge, you could simulate a dump DB.
    derrick wrote:
    Why did you say "out the point"? The outcome of the testing can prove your setting is 100% correct if it works with local SQL Server. Right now, ppl can only tell you 99% wrong on your SQL Server user rights. Alternatively, you could install the SQL Server client to test your remote connection to the DB Server with Trusted connection.

For the local installation, you do not need to load in your live DB if it's too huge, you could simulate a dump DB.

Tested it on my laptop now aswell, seems same problem: Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

Can you guide me through adding the login for the computer if I'm doing it somehow wrong, step by step. Been stuck on it from januarry ](*,)
    I must do something wrong and those microsoft step by step things does not help anything
    K.S.
    You could refer to thread title: "Error Synchronization N5.0 with MS Outlook 2003", Author: "Hanna", body msg from "CROACH", under the section "Installation steps: " but skip the step 4 & 7 until your successfully get your connection. The mentioned steps are the same with 5.00.01 although the thread is discussing about 5.0.

Regarding the NAV Application Server, the parameters setting are quite common people set it wrongly, and most of the time the "Application Server Manager" tool neither tell you what's going wrong nor meaningful error msg.
    For this, you could refer to thread title: "Synchronisation NAV 5.0 with Outlook", Author: "SuperSage77", refer to the proper setting "attachment" in the body msg last posted by "SuperSage77".

Ask further if you are stuck. Always try to narrow down your problem.

Hope this helps.
  • PoltergeistPoltergeist Member Posts: 200
    Under what account is the nassql service running? It should be a Windows User, with appropriate rights within SQL Server.