KlauKlau Member Posts: 15
Hi,

I have a customer whit NAV 4.0SP1, Native DB and the next setup:

- Automatic cost posting: Yes
- Automatic cost adjustment: always
- Average cost calc. type: item
- Costing method: Average

.. and whit this adjustment cost problem:

Day 1. The salesperson make a sales order for 1 unit of "A" Item. At this moment, the unit cost of this item = $100.
Day 2. The warehouse user make a positive adjust or a receipt for the same item with another cost. At this moment, the unit cost of "A" item is different, now is $110. However, the unit cost of sales order = $100.
Day 3. The salesperson post the shipment for this item. At this moment, it's create a value entry line in order to adjust the cost with the $10.
Day 3. The same day, the salesperson use the "undo shipment" function so, the shipment is canceled. In this moment, a value entry line is created with the cost per unit=0 and the Cost Amount (Expected) = $110
Day 3. After that, the user post the shipment again (but the unit cost of the sales order= $100). A value entry line is created with the cost per unit=$10 and makes an additional line in order to adjust the cost ($10).
Day 3. When the user post the invoice, creating a line in the value entry table adjusting the cost of the shipment had already been canceled and therefore, Cost Posted to G/L is incorrect beside, the unit cost calculated for the item is incorrect too.

I hope someone can help me with this incident.

Regards,
Klau

Comments

• DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    Hi,

I tried your transaction.
    Just run the Adjust Cost item entries batch job, and things will be fine.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
  • KlauKlau Member Posts: 15
    Thanks Deep.. I tried your solution but didn't work. Could I send you an excel file with the details of this incident??

Regards,
    Klau
  • DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    Could I send you an excel file with the details of this incident??
    Sure. I will try to explore.
    Regards,

Deep
    India