Bank Rec: Suggest Lines

Sapphire123Sapphire123 Member Posts: 112
Hi All,

I have created a bank recon. Worksheet, dated as of 12/31/08. After the lines were populated on the worksheet, I made some adjustments to the bank (checks and deposits/transfers) with posting dates 12/01/08 and 12/15/08. I wanted to repopulate the bank recon. Worksheet to pull in new lines that were created. I reran the “suggest lines” function, with posting date filter: 01/01/01..12/31/08…and did not check “replace existing lines” on the option tab. I thought that this function would have populated the worksheet with the additional lines that were posted after the original bank recon. Worksheet was created; but unfortunately, it did not. How do i get the new lines to populate?

Please let me know if you have any suggestions, thanks.

Comments

• ryanchryanch Member Posts: 34
    which version are you on? We are on 4.03 but there is no replace existing lines on the options. anyway I was going to suggest that you try suggesting lines again but do not specify starting date so that you have all the outstanding documents coming up.

The other possibility could be that the entries have already been suggested on another bank rec in the same company so please make sure there is on other bank rec of the same bank account with suggested lines.
  • ryanchryanch Member Posts: 34
    ryanch wrote:
    is on other bank re

meant to say no other bank rec. Good luck.
  • DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    If you suggest the bank recon lines and then do some transactions in the same bank and then again need to suggest the lines, just delete all the lines from that specific bank recon statement worksheet and run the suggest bank recon function again. Now you have all the lines (older ones with the new ones).
    Regards,

Deep
    India