Error while installing the database server in NAV 5.0 sp1

bdurgabdurga Member Posts: 44
dear friends,

i face a problem while installing the database server in 5.0 sp1. after installing the database server the active directory should be extended by running the schema.exe file. when i run the schema.exe file i face a problem. the system throws the follwing error
'One or more conflicting attributes or classes were detected while attempting to extend the schema. the active directory schema configuration has not been changed'.

please give some idea to solve this problem and extend the active directory.

Comments

• ta5ta5 Member Posts: 1,164
    You don't need to run schema.exe, Navision server works also without it. Actually we don't use it ever.
    Hope this helps
    Thomas
  • bdurgabdurga Member Posts: 44
    Hi thomas,

I read your reply for this problem. thanks for the reply. I have a doubt whether extending the active directory is mandatory or not ? i could not connect to the server process.
    I use this command to connect to the server after installing the database server in the system.
    server servername=<servername>,nettype=<nettype(tcp/tcps/netb)>,cache=<10000kb>,commitcache=yes,database=database.fdb

but i am not able to connect to the server. please help me out to solve thsi issue.
    Hi
    What user do you use for running the db service?
    Thomas
    Hi thomas,
    I use the 'administrator' user to run the db service. please provide me the solution to run the server db service.

Regards,
    durga
    Is there more than one db server on that machine?
    Can you ping the service-name?
    Hi ,
    Thanks for your reply. I am able to ping both the server and the client. But i am unable to run the service (db server).please suggest me the solution to connect to the server.

Regards,
    durga
    Dear friends,

I have installed the database server as a service and when i run the client database the following error appears.
    ERROR:'the tcp\ip connection's host is not answering. TCP/IP error ECONNREFUSED'

the db client is connected from the command prompt using the command
    fin servername=<servername>, nettype=tcps (since i have used tcp/ip kerberos while installing)

I connected the server using the command prompt and the following command

server servername=<servername>,nettype=tcps(since i have used tcp/ip kerberos while installing),cache=10000,commitcache=yes,database=database.fdb

please provide me a solution to this problem. can any one help me in solving theis issue why such an error is shown.

regards,
    durga
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    runs the server with tcp protocol or tcps?
    Do you make it right, it works too!
    i use tcps. i have installed tcp/ip (kerberos0 as the protocol.
  • kulwantkulwant Member Posts: 4
    on run type services.msc

Right Click on Microsoft Navision Database server service open the Properties on Logon Tab check whether it is using Local System Account and check the below check box and try :lol: