Can't change VAT Amount on partially invoiced purchase order

bluecatbluecat Member Posts: 9
(Nav 5.1) I've got problem only on partially invoiced purchase orders

I'm trying to change the VAT Amount (VAT Amount line subform) on the invoicing tab of the Statistics Form for items to invoice after some items have already been invoiced but after changing the amount, closing the form and going back in it's changed it to something else completely.

Comments

• nav_dellnav_dell Member Posts: 15
    Hi,
    Our VAT setup is different to yours. Our VAT rates are assigned by posting groups.

ie. We operate in Ireland and the UK so for example if we use an Irish supplier and it's sent to an Irish warehouse we use the posting group IE-IE which is setup for 21.5%. If something is going from an Irish supplier to a UK warehouse we will have a different posting group with a different rate.

The posting groups are assigned to vendors set up on the system. When a purchase order is created and the vendors name is added it will automatically assign the correct posting group as setup on the vendor card.

Why have I answered your post? Well I know that when a VAT business posting group needs to be changed on the PO the invoice needs to be recreated to pull in the new VAT rate. With a partially posted invoice like yours I think our accounts dept. would attempt to add a g/l account line and post the VAT directly into the correct g/l account.

I don't understand what you mean in your post where you say "closing the form and going back in it's changed it to something else completely." What form are you referring to here and what's being changed?
  • nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    You should follow nav_dell suggestion. Changing VAT amount it’s better to be do using VAT posting groups. When you changing in stats form you are changing VAT amount to the same rate, so you are making VAT rounding adjustments.
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/
  • bluecatbluecat Member Posts: 9
    Probably wasn't clear on my post but I'm only we're only changing the 'VAT amount' by about -+0.03 so that its same as the paperwork we get from the Vendor.