Last Direct Cost problem

amphysvenaamphysvena Member Posts: 113
Hi,
In NAV help, it said that, The program automatically copies the latest direct unit cost from the Direct Unit Cost field in the Purchase Line table when you post an order as invoiced.

In my system, I got an item, which Last Direct Cost is different from the direct cost from last posted Purchase Invoice.
example: Item ZA80
In Item Card, Item ZA80's last direct cost is 350.
In value entry table, last entry for this item is Invoice PV001. Invoice PV001 has two lines.
- first line, item ZA80, direct unit cost = 900
- second line, item ZA80, direct unit cost = 1400

The question is, if NAV get the last direct cost from direct unit cost of latest Invoice posted, why my ZA80 last direct cost is not the same with the latest invoice posted?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Regards,
Alphonse

Comments

• vikram7_dabasvikram7_dabas Member Posts: 611
    Dear concern
    Have u done any transaction from Item Journal of that Item) or is there any customization in database regarding unit cost
    Vikram Dabas
    Navision Technical Consultant
  • cernstcernst Member Posts: 280
    Have you run the adjust cost job? Depending on how you've done the setup of the system you must run this job so that last direct cost will be updated.
    Can anyone tell me if the Last Direct Cost include the Material cost for sub contracted items.

Thanks in advance
  • DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    Last Direct cost is updated only at invoicing.
    Unit cost is updated when the AICE batch job is run.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
  • dynuserdynuser Member Posts: 48
    Deep wrote:
    Last Direct cost is updated only at invoicing.
    Unit cost is updated when the AICE batch job is run.
    OK.Even for the sub contracting receipts, purchase invoice will be posted.Does it include the material cost with the labour charges in the LDC.
    And which is that AICE batch job?
  • DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    I dont know which subcon module you are using. The subcon in default version is of not much use and different NSCs have developed the subcon module as per their cilents requirement.

Still, if you have loaded the labour charges over the subcon material receipt, it will be counted in the AICE (Adjust Item Cost Entries) batch job.

LDC= :?:
    Regards,

Deep
    India
  • dynuserdynuser Member Posts: 48
    HI Deep,
    LDC= Last Direct Cost."Loading the labour charges on sub contracting material receipt" means - are you telling about the inventory setup?Can you please tell me in detail.

Thnkx
  • amphysvenaamphysvena Member Posts: 113
    noname wrote:
    Have you run the adjust cost job? Depending on how you've done the setup of the system you must run this job so that last direct cost will be updated.

Ok, so I have to do the adjust cost first. Thanks for the replies.