[Closed]Changing CustomerInformations on PostedSalesInvoice

AndreasBucherAndreasBucher Member Posts: 18
Hi,

I got a Problem with Changing Information on the Posted Sales Invoice (Form 132). Sometimes our Office wants to make small changes on Address or on the Contact. I had it all working with our Developer License. Changed Fields to editable, but with our Working License i get an error.

Error: "You do not have permisson to modify recors in the Sales Invoice Header table".

It's quite obvious that i got a permisson Problem \:D/ , but i have no idea if it is possible to get it running and no clue where to look.

If someone can give me a hint where i can search or say me that its just not possible then i can stop searching around.

We are Running Navision 4SP1

Thanks for your help
Kind Regards
Andreas Bucher

Comments

• DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    You cannot edit posted entry/document with the user license.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
  • AndreasBucherAndreasBucher Member Posts: 18
    Thank you for your fast Reply.

So then im finished :D.

Wish you all a happy new year.
    Kind Regards
    Andreas Bucher
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Of course you can edit the Posted Document with an end user license. the question is "do you want to"? Especially as an end user, if auditors find that you have a developers license and are using it in this way, then you may have serious auditing issues.

Anyway, if you really do feel you need to do this, then look at the Posted Shipment Header form and see how the do it for tracking number, or in Customer Ledger Entries for Due Date.
    David Singleton
  • nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    There is a workaround.

Look at Sales Shipment Header form. You have a codeunit to make changes Trigger OnModifyRecord.
    Create a similar coude but put your modify code in codeunit 80.
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/
  • nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    Of course you can edit the Posted Document with an end user license. the question is "do you want to"? Especially as an end user, if auditors find that you have a developers license and are using it in this way, then you may have serious auditing issues.

Anyway, if you really do feel you need to do this, then look at the Posted Shipment Header form and see how the do it for tracking number, or in Customer Ledger Entries for Due Date.

You were faster :D
    In one point you have 100% right regarding legal issue of changing posted documents.
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/
  • AndreasBucherAndreasBucher Member Posts: 18
    Thanks for the Tipps,

But i'm happy with the answer that is not possible with the License, due i can tell the others, and it's finished for me.

I will look into those Codeunits due learing something but i will not change the normal way it works. It all was a request from our Office so i can now say its not possible with the standart implementation and thats fine.

Thanks again for all the answers
  • slmaluwaslmaluwa Member Posts: 364
    hi
    There is a way to do it with user license.
    If you really want to do it, create a form to enable controls to be edited. and set Permissions property of the Form to enable Sales Invoice Header table modify permission. If they want to change that customer address information on other related documents like shipments, then you have to write proper code in this form.

make sure you do not edit any financial entries....

it works at least in my implementation with end user license.
    "A bove maiore discit arare minor"-"From the old ox, the young one learns to plow."
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Search the forum for "391"
    select option -> Message text only.

If you have a developers License you can change codeunit 391 to allow access to certain fields.
    use this knowledge wisely.