using totalscausedby in a RDLC

BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
how can i do it? :-k
i tried to add a textbox in the section with soruceexpr = CurrReport.TOTALSCAUSEDBY = FIELDNO("Document No.")
but i receive a strange error message (not from nav) at runtime.
it is something about Dasatet field "...totalcausedby..." cannot fall into another.

(unfortunately, the message is in italian and i couldn't make it appear in english...)

my thought is that my expression is evaluated during sections showing, which is not managed by rdlc reports, but maybe am I wrong?
thanks in advance
-Mirko-
"Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
My Blog

Answers

• BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    my thought is confirmed: i couldnt make my expression be converted in dataset because (i think) the syntax is not supported...i mean 'a = b' as sourceexpr.
    so I evaluated a boolean with my expression, but the bool is not evaluated because the only places where i can use TOTALSCAUSEDBY are groupfooters and headers; section code is not used with rdlc... :cry:
    so, can someone tell me a standard report with totcausedby so i can see how MS developers managed it?
    thanks a lot!
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
    I am currently looking at 5981 rdlc...if someone can understand it, please write it here...i'll do, too
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
    Cool!!it's done automatically by rdlcs...you only need to create "n" groups for every field in "grouptotalfields" property.
    then use the proper group to show your subtotal...you don't need to manage the visibility of the lines...
    nice work! =D>
    p.s.: thanks Belias for the reply :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    You often talk to yourself Belias? :mrgreen:
    Only when i'm drunk... :shock: :mrgreen:
    -Mirko-
    My Blog