Permission using linked object other database

BennoBenno Member Posts: 20
In several topics there is spoken about using linked object within Navision but I couldn't find the solution to set up the right user settings in Navision and SQL for using linked object to another database. It is working well if I gave each Navision user the db_owner role but this isn't a solution in the production environment.

In a Navision 4.0 databse I have created a table which is linked to a view in the same database. The view retrieve the data from another database. When I use the table everything is working well if the Navision user has the db_owner role.

I want to setup the minimum rights for the Navision user. Thanks in advance for the response.

Comments

• bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Grant the permissions to Guest.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • BennoBenno Member Posts: 20
    I have grant the quest user in the destination database (not the Navision database) on the table where the view are retrieving the information. So far I known the Navision application role is using for the security in a navision database and the quest user account is used for databases outside the Navision database.

What do I miss?
  • rocatisrocatis Member Posts: 163
    Benno wrote:
    In a Navision 4.0 databse I have created a table which is linked to a view in the same database. The view retrieve the data from another database.

How exactly did you do this? Because I seem to have a problem doing this: http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=30778
    Brian Rocatis
    Senior NAV Developer
    Elbek & Vejrup
  • BennoBenno Member Posts: 20
    See your topic for my comments.