Lanham EDI - Unit of Measure division (decimal multiplier)

jversusjjversusj Member Posts: 489
I didn't know the proper words to search the forum, or i did and simply found no results.

Nav 3.7b (with 5.0 executable) on a SQL backend.

I have a situation where we sell a unit as a KIT. The item base unit of measure is defined as KIT. Each KIT is made up of 15 pieces (defined in the Bill of Materials). We have a customer who orders EDI. I have been told that the salesperson told them to order it in EA and that is how it is stuck now. We receive an EDI PO for 15 EA and that needs to convert to 1 KIT in NAV.

My thought was to use a Unit of Measure where the Qty per UOM was less than 1 to give us what we need, and then define the Unit of Measure Cross Reference for that Trading Partner in our Lanham EDI setup. This is normally a piece of cake when the customer orders 1 and we need to send them 15 but handling the inverse has me stumped.

This works to a degree - i end up creating a sales order where the qty is almost 1. Since 1/15 = 0.06666666(infinite), I cannot get a nice clean Qty on the sales order. I have seen 1.00005, 0.99, etc. Naturally, it will not be ideal to have to have a CSR user manually correct the qty for these items that are impacted.

Any suggestions?

edit: i should add that the bill of materials also bundles in some resource work and instruction sheets - so having them order the core component is not ideal either - or is it? your thoughts are appreciated in advance!
kind of fell into this...

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Just to be clear you set up the Trading Partner Units of Measure in EDI ?
  • jversusjjversusj Member Posts: 489
    Savatage wrote:
    Just to be clear you set up the Trading Partner Units of Measure in EDI ?

Yes.

EDI UOM = EA
    Navision UOM = KITMULT
    Order UOM = KIT

The KITMULT UOM is the multiplier UOM, but it does not work cleanly due to rounding.

for example, if they order 2 EA and we were supposed to ship 1 KIT, i would have KITMULT = 0.5 quantity and KIT = 1 qty, correct? It would then do the multiplier to put 1 KIT on the sales order (2 * 0.5 = 1).
  • jversusjjversusj Member Posts: 489
    any ideas on how i can accomplish this conversion?

:?
  • KTEDIKTEDI Member Posts: 19
    Try

Trading Ptr = EA
    Navision Base Unit of Measure = EA
    Sales Unit of Measure = KIT (If you have the Qty UOM as 15)