Business Analytics Error

srini2405srini2405 Member Posts: 2
After configuring the cubes, when I try to execute the Business Analytics, i am getting an error. "Server upgrading - please reconnect later". It is not proceeding further. I have tried with various possibilities of configuration checking but i am not finding the problem. If anyone is having any solutions or configuration changes, kindly revert.

Regards

Srini

Comments

• ravieravie Member Posts: 6
    Same problem at our customer's.
    Probably going to create a support case.
  • fisher1stfisher1st Member Posts: 4
    The sam problem.

From our's support firm I know that is because service ("ant server") was restarted manually from services snap-in.

Only solution is to reinstall service.

Regards
    MWW
  • ravieravie Member Posts: 6
    Finally finished solving the issue with MS support.
    The problem was that, according to MS, you need to manually run Configurator.exe from the folder where it is installed, IF the cube structure changes. So if you change the structure of the cube and render it, you have to MANUALLY run the configurator (usually in NAV Client folder).
    Well, strange. I am certain that we didn't have to do that previously....
    Ravie.
  • iscottiscott Member Posts: 4
    ravie
    i modified my cube and ran the "start configurator" function in Dynamics NAV. tried to open up the BA suite and recieved the same error"Server upgrading. reconnect later" are you saying that's the wrong way to do this? i look on MS knowledge base regarding this error they said this happens when you run the configurator in Dynamics and not from the CSide Client dir. When you run the Configurator from that dir you have to enter in your license file and databse information. on my system running the configurator from the dir runs successfully but i'm still getting the erro message.

What version # is your configurator file mine is 3.0.0.272.

if anyone has any insight regarding this error please let me know. this error is killing me...
  • sri.tech23sri.tech23 Member Posts: 41
    Sometimes when stopping and restarting ANTServer and ANTDaemon manually from the services window, the system creates an empty file named 'convert.tmp' in the 'C:\Program files\BusinessAnalytics\AntServer\ folder.

This file should be deleted automatically when restarting the services, but sometimes that doesnt happen and the file stays there in that folder. You can reproduce it by creating a file named convert.tmp with no content in that folder. After that, if you try to open the BA Client you will get the "Server upgrading" error. Whenever you encounter this problem you should manually delete the convert.tmp file to avoid the error.

Try this solution. Hope it works...