Backward Flushing with Item Serial No.

s_venkatesh78s_venkatesh78 Member Posts: 97
Dear Users,

Can any one help me on the following scenario in Nav 4.0 SP1.

I have created a BOM with all the consumption items are set with Item tracking Serial No. mandatory. Also for the consumption items the Flushing is set as 'Backward'.

In the production order after posting the output, upon changing the status to Finished the system is throwing the error message that the 'Serial No. is not specified'.

My question here is, will Navision support Backward flushing with Serial No. ? if yes, how the system will know to pick which Sl. No. ?

Regards,
Venkatesh
Thanks and Regards,
Venkatesh

Comments

• reemareema Member Posts: 255
    As far as I Know if u use the Lot no or serial no , then u have to select the Lot no , serial no manually in consumption journal.

If u are not using the serial no , lot no then system will consume the inventory based on the Flushing method option & costing method( Application method of each costing method)
    reema
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    I have not looked at NAV2009 but because NAV never knew which serial number to auto consume (no FEFO etc) then as standard you always had to manually consume serialised or lotted stock.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • s_venkatesh78s_venkatesh78 Member Posts: 97
    Hi Guys..

To conclude, Backward flushing / Forward flushing will not work for Items that are set with Sl. No. and Lot Nos. till Nav 5.0

For those items that are set with Sl. No. or Lot No. consumption has to be made manually by selecting the appropriate sl. no. and Lot No.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
    Venkatesh
    Thanks and Regards,
    Venkatesh
    That is a fair summary, but not sure NAV2009 does it, someone will need to check :D
  • s_venkatesh78s_venkatesh78 Member Posts: 97
    Just to add on to my previous point..

If the user defines the sl. no. of the consumption items in the production order --> Lines --> Components --> Line -->item tracking, upon closing the production order system automatically takes this sl. no. and posts the consumption.
    Thanks and Regards,
    Venkatesh
    Yes that is true, but this is no different to the production journal, you are manually defining the serial numbers, so there is no automatic flushing here in really.