Rate Diff. debit note - item charge issue

pashya1972pashya1972 Member Posts: 176
Hi,

I required help in following case.

We ve received debit note from our vendor for a prior period . If i select as item charge then we need to select the GRN's to assign the charge. Pls note excise is also required to be posted to the excise register.

Now the question is we can not assign the charge for a prior period GRN's since details r not available in the system. We ve gone live from 1st Oct. Now the stock has been shown as opening through item journal and in such case we can not assign it to opening stock.

Is there any other way through which excise will also be get posted in RG books as well as GL or we can assign to op.stock as item charge.

Pash

Comments

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    You can simply book the expense to G/L account as this needs to be booked to expense and not loaded on the inventory. Define Excise product posting group on the G/L account and do the transaction, it will be posted to RG register and G/L as well.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • pashya1972pashya1972 Member Posts: 176
    Thanks,

I ve posted it however while navigating i ve observed that one entry has gone to excise entry table but my RG records ve not been updated i.e. A or C . also no selection as A or C entry is available in Invoice.

Now Excise entry table has entry value but RG register not. I assume that excise entry table is from GL and RG generates from Posted Receipts/Sale etc.

Can u help in this? as to why it has not gone to RG?

Prashant