Unable to close a Production Order linked to a sales order

pa_toupa_tou Member Posts: 155
Hi,

I am having a problem here..

I have created a production order ( linked to sales order) of 2000 units. My sales order is also 2000 units.

I sent that to a subcontractiong but i received only 1873 units instead of those 2000 units sent.

Questions:

1) How can I close my production order with only those 1873 units as i will net receive the rest of goods? The problem is that my work order is linked to my sales order.

2) Another problem is for the same type of order, an output of 570 units have been added to the work order and it was not good. So I need to cancel that before closing the order, how should I do that? The system still shows a link with the sales order.

Thanks

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    zoom on the line see which fields are creating the link - once you know the names of the fields then see if you can clear them.

I'm more familiar with links Purchase O's & Sales O's so I might be off base in regards to Production O's
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Why are you using the back to back?

This is perceived as a hard relationship, therefore you can not short close the sales order, and in essence you cannot short close production, you need to make more to fulfill sales. I believe MS always created this as a rigid inflexible option like the drop shipments. If you used planning you would have similar finctionality, but a lot more flexibility.

Dont really understand what you are saying with point 2, and you do not actually tell us the error messages.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen