Error starting service

clemboclembo Member Posts: 122
I have installed Database Server on my Windows 2003 Server. Then I have uninstalled the service and I try to reinstall it but when I try to start it system shows an error: "Error 1: Incorrect Function".
If I try to start service in Dos windows all it'sok. But when I try to start from Services it shows an error.
How I solve it?

Comments

• kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    Can you find anything more specific about the error? (maybe in the event viewer?)
  • clemboclembo Member Posts: 122
    In the event application registry there are four event. One error and others are alert.

1) (Alert) System failed to publish the database server for Microsoft Dynamics Nav Classic Service Connection Point in Active Directory. For Database Server for Microsoft Dynamics NAV Classic to publish a Service Connection Point, the Active Directory Schema on

2)The operating system cannot access to the file C:\Programmi\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\Database Server\fin.flf

3) The operating system cannot find the file database.fdb .
    Verify that the drive, directory, and file names are correct.

4) The initialization process failed.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Sounds like the login you use to start the service has no access to your DB-file and license-file.

Or you change the security on those files to everyone. Or you change the login for your service to a login that has access to the files. In this case I would opt for the second and use the administrator-account for it.

When you run the service from the dos-prompt, the current login (I suppose you are using the administrator) is used to start the service and everything works fine.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!