Removing/deleteing PageName (Tab) on Form

bhalpinbhalpin Member Posts: 309
Hi.

If this has been covered, I apologize - but I couldn't find any postings using Search.

I have seen some bizarre behaviour when I try to remove a tab from a card form. For example, on the Item card, if I remove 'Foreign Trade' from the PageName list, the tab is gone, but I end up with the contents of the following tabs shifted over one tab, a new tab at the end called '9', ... it's a mess.

Is there a 'correct' way to do this that I've missed in the ADG (or somewhere?) Or, do I have to manually shift controls back to the correct tab?

Thank's in advance.

Bob

Answers

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    Deleting a tab in the middle it's not so easy.
    First you must delete the controls in this tab.
    Then you must move the controls from the tab behind to the tab you wish to delete (but you can't delete it, you must delete at the end not in the middle).

Example on Item Card:

You wish to delete the Tab "Foreign Trade". This is in the middle.

1. delete the controls in this tab
    2. move the controls from Item Tracking to "Foreign Trade"
    3. rename "Foreign Trade" to Item tracking
    4. go to old "Item Tracking" tab
    5. move all controls from E-Commerce to old "Item Tracking" tab
    6. rename old "Item Tracking" tab to "E-Commerce" ..... and so on
    Now the last tab is empty and not needed. Delete it (PageNames / PageNamesML)

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • bhalpinbhalpin Member Posts: 309
    Thank's garak - I kinda figured it would trun out to be that messy.
  • jreynoldsjreynolds Member Posts: 175
    You can make it a bit easier by keeping the position of the "deleted" tab there by removing the page name, but leave the comma that separates the page names. For example, on the item card change the PageNames property from "General,Invoicing,Replenishment,Planning,Foreign Trade,Item Tracking,E - Commerce,Warehouse" to "General,Invoicing,Replenishment,Planning,,Item Tracking,E - Commerce,Warehouse". You will still have to remove the fields on the "Foreign Trade" tab, but you will not have to shift the fields from the other tabs.
  • bhalpinbhalpin Member Posts: 309
    That sounds interesting.

Wondering: Don't you end up with a blank tab then?

Bob
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    jreynolds wrote:
    You can make it a bit easier
    That is brilliant, I've never seen that before =D> You should put this in Tips and Tricks.