Exchange Rate 'No Adjustements' GL issue

PhilcPhilc Member Posts: 19
Can any one tell me why in version 5 when the 'Exchange Rate Adjustment' in the GL is set to NO Adjustment. When the Adjust Exchange Rate report is run, it would seem to ignore the GL setting and post adjustments to the GL regardless?

Comments

• martin2008martin2008 Member Posts: 10
    Are they actually additional reporting currency adjustments or are they bank/customer/vendor adjustments?
  • PhilcPhilc Member Posts: 19
    Hi

They are Bank/Vendor adjustments, but I have set the Exchange Rate Adjustment Field to No Adjustments which I thought would restrict the exchange rate adjustment to not enter any adjutsments against this GL.

We do have an additional reporting currency would this override this setting in the GL?

Thanks

Phil
  • martin2008martin2008 Member Posts: 10
    To the best of my knowledge, Bank/Vendor adjustments are nothing to do with G/L Accounts other than making necessary the postings to ensure the balance sheet matches your ledgers. The "No Adjustment" option is for doing additional reporting currency adjustments on G/L account balances.
  • PhilcPhilc Member Posts: 19
    Thanks

I thought that the No adjustments was not just to do with the additional reports and had some control over the postings.
  • mukshamuksha Member Posts: 274
    Unrealised/realised gain/loss has to be calculated for financial reports so this setting has nothng to do with the exchange rate adjustments.
    Mukesh Sharma