Options

NAV in Arabic?

somnathbasu9002somnathbasu9002 Member Posts: 47
Is Dymanics NAV can be used in Arabic language?

Comments

• Options
    garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    Did you have searched on PartnerSource for the Language module? ;-)
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • Options
    navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    There is no Arabic Localization.
    Now or Never
  • Options
    I have searched Partnersource, but not got any link.
  • Options
    Sorry to bother you all. I have got the link. Arbic is not supported in Dynamics NAV.
  • Options
    amitsobtiamitsobti Member Posts: 4
    When is it getting supported, does anybody have any idea...
  • Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    I'm guessing when the RTC allows right to left typing, we will be able to use arabic and persian languages in NAV.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    Hanen_THanen_T Member Posts: 32
    Hello All,

I'm interested in having the arabic language module for navision. I guess having NAV in arabic is a great idea to enlarge the customer area and include the arabic countries and not only those who are using english or french module.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any information about this.

Best regards.
    Technico-Functional Consultant NAV
    It's all about passion of Navision World
  • Options
    sriram_venkatsriram_venkat Member Posts: 129
    Is Dymanics NAV can be used in Arabic language?

Hi

Yes, NAV can be Arabic enabled. We had implemented for a customer in UAE where he will be able to see Arabic captions and since its SQL server, the user can type in Arabic and the DB can store the Arabic values and which can be displayed in Reports.

Also the windows had to be enabled for Arabic and of course the NAV license should support Arabic language which should be got from Microsoft.

Hope this clarifies...
  • Options
    alhaddad77alhaddad77 Member Posts: 2
    Hello All,

In case you're looking, we do have a completely Arabized NAV solution. We have developed a complete Arabic language pack for version 2009 SP1, 2009 R2, classic and RTC, and 2013 as well.

Please contact me at info@que-solutions.com for further details. Thanks.
  • Options
    yasirbabasyasirbabas Member Posts: 2
    Dear all

As far as I know Nav partially supports arabic ,It is not fully supported Arabic
    We can print report if a field contains fully arabic , If field contains some mixed language ( may be the field is resultant of concatenation of two or three fields)
    For Example Arabic+English , the alignment and data will go wrong .

Again in the form if a field contain arabic if you try to edit the field it will be pathetic

We cannot set the form RTL property too as it is supposed to do if it is RTL supported language

But we can set the caption ML property . Arabic Customisation can alos be done for caption

In short it is not supporting the arabic .
  • Options
    alhaddad77alhaddad77 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

Unlike the Classic versions of NAV, which are being phased out, The RTC versions of NAV (2009 and 2013) fully support Arabic. RTL (Right to Left) scripting and text orientation is fully enabled based on full Unicode support. We have done quite a few successful implementations that support Arabic and English languages in the same database using RTC.

If you have a mix of both Arabic and Latin (say English) words in the same field, then the alignment is managed by Windows, not NAV. Briefly put, sequences of text with different directionality preserve their vector when they appear as part of a BiDi (Bi Directional) text. You can notice the same behaviour if you combine both languages in all other windows based applications (IE, Office, Dynamics AX, etc...). Please email me at info@que-solutions.com if you need help.