Item Tracking cannot be fully applied

offshootoffshoot Member Posts: 21
Hello,

i am getting an error message like:

Item Tracking Serial No. Lot No. xxxxxxxxxxx for Item No. yyyyyyyyyyyy Variant cannot be fully applied.

What does it mean actually?

I am really stucked! Does anyone experienced an error like this before?

Best Regards
Onur

Comments

• ayhan06ayhan06 Member Posts: 210
    offshoot wrote:
    Hello,

i am getting an error message like:

Item Tracking Serial No. Lot No. xxxxxxxxxxx for Item No. yyyyyyyyyyyy Variant cannot be fully applied.

What does it mean actually?

I am really stucked! Does anyone experienced an error like this before?

Best Regards
    Onur

If you have Lot or serial specific tracking and you are posting a negative quantity,when lot or serial number you specified is not on hand, this error is generated.

on Item Tracking lines window, check that you select lot or serial number which exists on hand.
  • offshootoffshoot Member Posts: 21
    Hi Ayhan,

Actually, the location is using WMS. therefore i could see that item has positive quantity on location where requested. I've also tested trying to move item from its bin to another and i succeeded (also reversed back). But when i tried to sell it gives that warning message.

Well, the actual situation where it gives an error is:

Order was in released state, a shipment document was created, a pick document was created and posted, so that shipment document is in "Completely Picked" state. But when i try to post shipment document i got this error. (By the way i also tried moving it from Shipment Bin to another bin, Navision has accepted. And i moved again to shipment bin at the end. Lot no's are also correct because item has only one lot number.)

Do you have another point of view where i may track this error? Or best: How (in which state) can i reproduce an error like it? (May be it may help me solving it) (State like: pick and put it in shipment bin but move it after i've created shipment document and try to post shipment on later???)

Best Regards
    Onur
  • ayhan06ayhan06 Member Posts: 210
    offshoot wrote:
    Hi Ayhan,

Actually, the location is using WMS. therefore i could see that item has positive quantity on location where requested. I've also tested trying to move item from its bin to another and i succeeded (also reversed back). But when i tried to sell it gives that warning message.

Well, the actual situation where it gives an error is:

Order was in released state, a shipment document was created, a pick document was created and posted, so that shipment document is in "Completely Picked" state. But when i try to post shipment document i got this error. (By the way i also tried moving it from Shipment Bin to another bin, Navision has accepted. And i moved again to shipment bin at the end. Lot no's are also correct because item has only one lot number.)

Do you have another point of view where i may track this error? Or best: How (in which state) can i reproduce an error like it? (May be it may help me solving it) (State like: pick and put it in shipment bin but move it after i've created shipment document and try to post shipment on later???)

Best Regards
    Onur
    what version are you using? any hotfix applied to your system?
    is "Lot warehouse tracking" enabled for that Item tracking code?
  • offshootoffshoot Member Posts: 21
    Hi,

Navision 4.0 SP3. Yes, Lot Warehouse Tracking is enabled for that lot.

(Bu arada İngilizce devam ediyorum başkaları da belki aynı problemler karşılaşmış olabilir diye)

Saygılar
    Onur