Where is Conventions Codeunit 6201???

JohnieGJohnieG Member Posts: 56
Hi to all,
I would like to ask you a pretty silly question.
Since version 4 I used to use the codeunit 6201 (which is very helpfull by the way). At present day, working with a 5 SP1 W1 version I have realized that this codeunit doesn't exists.
Was it substituted by another one? Is there a known reason why this codeunit has been removed? How can I convert a text to date or decimal without Codeunit 6201?

Thank you in advance...
Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life...

Comments

• MBergerMBerger Member Posts: 413
    Look up 'Evaluate" in the C/Side helpfile
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    If you like the way that codeunit works, and a lot of your code uses it, I would suggest copying the codeunit into custom range. Then it would be a fairly easy task to change codeunit references in uncompiled objects.
  • DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    DenSter wrote:
    If you like the way that codeunit works, and a lot of your code uses it, I would suggest copying the codeunit into custom range. Then it would be a fairly easy task to change codeunit references in uncompiled objects.

:-k I though this was frowned upon as a license infringement - are you sure this is allowed ?
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html
  • JohnieGJohnieG Member Posts: 56
    Thank you all for you posts.
    At the bottom line...
    Is there any known reason why this object was removed at all? Was it malfunctioning? Has it been replaced?
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    DaveT wrote:
    :-k I though this was frowned upon as a license infringement - are you sure this is allowed ?
    Well there's a difference between copying a granule into customer object number range, and a set of useful functions. In this case it's not going to be a problem.
  • DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    @ Daniel
    True enough

@ JohnieG

have you tried simply to export this object from the Version 4 and import into Version 5 ?
    If it was already on your licence then this should be fine.
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html
  • JohnieGJohnieG Member Posts: 56
    DaveT wrote:
    have you tried simply to export this object from the Version 4 and import into Version 5 ?

Hi DaveT,
    My question isn't about transfering the relevant object(s) from one version to another. I am only asking if there was a known problem or reason for that exclusion.

Thank you again...