Navision Market in India

GauravSharma21GauravSharma21 Member Posts: 7
Hi,

I am out of touch from Navision and its Market sice last 1 year and would like to come in Navision again....So can anybody of the Nav experts out here let me know about the Navision Market in coming years in India.

Many Thanks in Advance!

Regards,
Gaurav Sharma

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    My personal belief is that the Indian market will soon become one of the top growing markets for Navision. Contrary to other developing markets most of the Navision systems I see in India are for Indian companies. To compare, when I first introduced Navision into the Central European markets, the vast majority of clients were foreign companies that were investing there, and already used Navision as their ERP system, or were looking for an ERP system for their branches.

On the other side, many Navision partners in India are selling or trying to sell development services abroad. With the hope of higher rates. This unfortunately is creating a shortage of high end Navision people available to work on Indian projects. Also it means that the skill set development in India is focusing on Developers and Functional Consultants with a much lower emphasis on the higher end of Analysis, Project Management and Training.

Now as the "global financial crisis" sets in. Companies will start tightening their belts and looking closer to home. My guess is that there will be a lot less work for the off shore developers, and there will be a market shift to developing more of the much needed skills of Analysis, Project Management and Training.

Currently the key issue slowing down the Indian market is the lack of this skill set. Which has led to the general concept of "we can program it". Now people will look closer at costs and ROI instead of hourly rates, and the market will slowly shift.

Of course this will take time, and things will be tough during the transition period, but the future looks very bright.
    David Singleton