Navigation Pane in NAV to right side???

DRBDRB Member Posts: 105
Hi All,
Is there any way to move the navigation pane in NAV to right side? I mean instead of on left side it should show on RIGHT side

Any help is highly appreciated.....
-Dhan Raj Bansal
Linkedin Profile: http://in.linkedin.com/in/dhanrajbansal

Comments

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    edited 2008-12-17
    Short answer -> No
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • GauravSharma21GauravSharma21 Member Posts: 7
    This is somewhat like you want report header at the bottom of the report :lol:

NOM!

Regards,
    Gaurav
  • DRBDRB Member Posts: 105
    Gaurav,
    The requirement may sound funny to you and you may laugh at it, I am no one to stop you from this.
    But there are certain languages which move from Right to Left (like urdu, arabic, farsi etc.), and for them Navigation Pane is required on the right side.
    Hope now it is clear to you whether I am expecting header at bottom or somewhere else..................................................................
    -Dhan Raj Bansal
  • GauravSharma21GauravSharma21 Member Posts: 7
    I wrote in my reply as
    NOM!--No Offence meant
    which itself described as I was just kidding....well I wonder if Navision supports Urdu/Arabic/Parsi. Does it?

Regards,
    Gaurav
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You can try to create some automaton which will find the window and will change the position of it. But still, you will have problems with the rest of the localization like characters and right-to-left texts...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • DRBDRB Member Posts: 105
    kine wrote:
    You can try to create some automaton which will find the window and will change the position of it. But still, you will have problems with the rest of the localization like characters and right-to-left texts...

Dear Kine,
    All the characters and right to left is supported by windows and there are settings in Control Panel>>Regional and Language Option>>Languages>>Install file for complex script and then in Advanced Tab choose your language, so that is not a problem.

I don't have idea about creation of such automation object for this requirement, It would be nice if you can elaborate something if you have idea.But I believe (and someone else also suggested) that these settings are perhaps stored/determined by client.exe, and the partners don't have access to modify it.

Regards,
    Dhan Raj Bansal
    -Dhan Raj Bansal
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    right "DRB" and as i say, it's per default not possible.

OK, you can create a separeate application to handle the menusuite.
    But is ths realy needed or is this maybe a "overhead". But if you / your customers on some countries need it, ask MS if they can show you a way or not.
    Or you use the "good old" Menu (Form 330) from NAV <= 3.70

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    One thing is what Windows supports, second thing is what NAV support. I never tested it, but regardless the Windows settings, some application can work in "their way". It means that I am not sure, if all will work as expected.

Creating such an automation to "move" the menusuite is out of my schedule. You can find many hints how to create such an automation, but it will need more knowledge from generic development...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.