Problem with Navision License

brijleobrijleo Member Posts: 70
Hi,

I have a scanario in which i want 2 database for different country to be reside in the single SQL server which is located in HQ. Now we have 2 license for different country one for UK & one for US.
Is it possible to upload 2 license in the single SQL server one for UK databse and another for US database.
If yes, how can we do that? and if not then what is the solution?

Thanks in Advance!

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    I think there is an option (may have to purchase) to store the license in the database instead of the install directory.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    That is a granule that you will need to purchase. It is the only way to have more than one license on the same server.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Yes, look for granule "Per database licensing". This granule enables you to enable Per Database property in the Database-Alter dialog and thus leads to saving license into the database instead into Master database...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    By "Single SQL Server" are you referring to a single physical server or do you mean a single SQL instance? Another way to accomplish this is by installing 2 separate SQL instances one the same server. Then use each for one of the databases. Each would have it's own master database (and NAV license). They would only share hardware.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.