QTY Tolerence Level in Purchase Order

PPPPPP Member Posts: 159
Hi,

Can we set Purchase Order Tolerance level.

My issue is, I may not get the exacttqty as mentioned in Purchase Order, while suppliying. for e.g Purchase Order qty 1000 KG, actual received ( Qty to receive) 980 kg. Balance 20 KG is pending ( out standing qty) according to the qty supplied. this balance qty never get it. So we should get this PO.Item against that as closed PO.
Can anybody help me out to address this issue.

Thanks in Anticipation

Comments

• Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Once quantity received and invoiced matches, the "back order" PO can be deleted to complete the order.
  • reemareema Member Posts: 255
    I don’t know whether it will work to u or not.
    We created a filed called Original quantity in Purchase order.
    In this field u should enter = 1000
    In the field qty, qty -to ship, qty- to invoice , in these fields enter the 980.
    So in the reports just take the field .
    U can tack the what is actual qty and received qty.
    reema
  • PPPPPP Member Posts: 159
    Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Infact what i am looking here is , to close the pending purchase orders. e.g. PO i have created 1000 qty and the qty to recpt is 980. As per the system when you post a reciept , there will be an outstanding qty of 20 and PO remains in the system. if i take a report of pending PO this PO will list out. Actually am not going to receive the balance 20 qty. So I dont want this po to be listed.

Anyway I think earlier option of deleting this po would be an option i think.
  • reemareema Member Posts: 255
    May be you did not understand my solution. :-k

Even my answer is saying purchase order will delete.
    But If u follow the method what I said you can track what is actual order placed qty and what is actual received qty , wha is the pending qty against that order.
    reema
  • idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    Why not use Blanket Purchase Order?
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger
  • DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    The functionality you are talking is called short closure.

Deleting the purchase order is an option.
    But still if you need the order, you can do a little workaround which we did and works fine.
    Add a field in the purchase line say "Original Qty" or whatever you want, and boolean field say "short closed".
    Add a function over Order tab, say "Order Short Closure".
    Whenever this function is triggered, the order quantity is stored in the new field "Original Quantity", the quantity field is replaced by "Quantity received", and the boolean "Short Closed" is marked as True.

This will result in-
    1. Tracking what all orders are short closed.
    2. Tracking what was the original quantity of short closed order, and how much was received.
    3. Will not allow any more quantities to be received against those orders.

This functionaly can also be validated per line.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
  • PPPPPP Member Posts: 159
    I was looking for aany available solution in Navision.

This seems to be a good solution.
    Thanks a lot Deep