total maximum of user

andreadjandreadj Member Posts: 12
what is a recommended maximum concurrent user on NAV server?
i have a client who wants to jump from 80 to 250 concurrent user on NAV 4 SP3.
is it possible?

if yes, can i just pump up the hardware to the maximum spec, or is there any optimizing task to be done before on application and database (SQL)?

if not? is there any workaround strategy?

thks in advance..

Comments

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    The question is: What the users are doing. Will all users post some invoices with many lines and dimension, or only (example) 10 persons post and the others run reports. Also how looks your Hardware. 32bit / 64bit, CPU, Storage, C/AL code optimal for SQL and so on ....

Your question is looks easy, but the answer is more then easy it's very complex.
    So, for a good example yu should give more informations or if you're not sure if you can handle the 300 cuncurrent users you can create a testsystem and rund 300 "Robots" to test your system (there is a NAV Tool for this and you can use also the perfmon and SQL Profiler). So you can also find some bottlenecks ...

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • johannajohanna Member Posts: 369
    garak wrote:
    ...(there is a NAV Tool for this and you can use also the perfmon and SQL Profiler). So you can also find some bottlenecks ...

Hi, garak! :)

Could you explain what NAV Tool do you mean?

Thank you. :D
    Best regards,

Johanna
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    It is Application Benchmark Toolkit... on MBS Tools CD...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Thank you kine.. Where can I get the MBS Tools CD?

Thank you :D
    Best regards,

Johanna
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    It was on partnersource... I was not able to find working link to the Application benchmark toolkit right now...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    andreadj wrote:
    what is a recommended maximum concurrent user on NAV server?
    i have a client who wants to jump from 80 to 250 concurrent user on NAV 4 SP3.
    is it possible?

if yes, can i just pump up the hardware to the maximum spec, or is there any optimizing task to be done before on application and database (SQL)?

if not? is there any workaround strategy?

thks in advance..

Its not a case of just user count. There is so much more to it than just that. In terms of hardware, you can't just double the server power to double the speed. You have to tune the system.
    David Singleton
    @kine : okay, thank you :D

@garak : thank you for the link.. I have followed your link and got this link :
    https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/newsevents/news/newsgeneral/dynnavtoolsoverview.htm?printpage=false

There, I found "Microsoft Dynamics NAV™ 4.0 Tools CD", but it cannot be clicked.. :(
    Best regards,

Johanna