Upgrade Toolkit?

sim0nsim0n Member Posts: 13
Hi

Is there an uprgade toolkit avalible for 2009?

Thanks

Comments

• Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Not yet. You can check Partnersource or Customersource to see if it's released yet.
  • Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Just to repeat myself

An upgrade to NAV2009 has 2 or 3 steps depening where you are.

NAV2009 is a technical upgrade from 5.1 (5SP1) and only runs from that version.

So if you are on any older version, first run the upgrade to this version. You could have done this for the last months.

The other thing is to migrate to SQL. Be careful with that if you are larger than 20GB's because SQL can really react totaly different compared to Native.

After the upgrade to 5SP1 you can install NAV2009, implement the NST changes and start upgrading your form changes to page changes.

Fortunately the old reports still work.

I have even found a way to run classic matrixforms in the RTC. Please read the tips and tricks for that or my blog.

Good luck!
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Great information Mark! I should've read up on what you wrote.

But is this the official way to upgrade to NAV2009? I don't find any documentation on this on Partnersource?
    No, this is not the official way, it's the 'brummel' way.
  • iceborgiceborg Member Posts: 67
    Localized Upgrade Toolkits(for the Group 1 Countries) is to be released in December 2008, according to the release schedule.(https://mbs.microsoft.com/downloads/par ... ource.xlsx)
  • tedcjohnstontedcjohnston Member Posts: 41
    Mark,
    Looking at 2009, the objects are marked with a 6.0 version tag. Taking your path, the objects will have the 5.0 version tag. Not sure if this will be a problem for future upgrades/updates or not. Has anyone done an object comparison of 5.0SP1 to 2009 to see if MS slipped in any changes? Would think Codeunit 1 would be a suspect.
    "There are only two truly infinite things: the universe and stupidity. And I am unsure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
    Corollary- Build and idiot proof system and nature will build a better idiot.
    I would wait for the official stuff.

I upgraded our 'SQL Perform' company database back in March when it was CTP 3 or something. There were no version tags.

Some (a lot of) objects seem unchanged to me but still have the version tag. This is going to be a big problem for upgrading the databases.

You are correct, there are changed objects like ISSERVICETIER and CREATE with other options.
  • langlang Member Posts: 27
    upgrade toolkits are available for download now, see partnersource...

it seems you can upgrade directly from 3.70 to 2009 (and later than 3.70) :D
  • tedcjohnstontedcjohnston Member Posts: 41
    So what have we learned from the upgrade toolkit? As a customer, I can't look into it. (Have full developer license but not the upgrade toolkit.)

Will 5.0SP1 to 6.0 be a "technical upgrade" or will it require a normal compare and move of all changes for all objects (and a conversion of forms to pages)?

Any help will be appreciated.
    "There are only two truly infinite things: the universe and stupidity. And I am unsure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
    Corollary- Build and idiot proof system and nature will build a better idiot.