Error On Posting Return Order Nav NA Ver 501

BrijeshKarnatakBrijeshKarnatak Member Posts: 26
Hi All,

I have an Issue with one of our customer using the below process, I tried to replicate the same on Standard Cronus DB NA Ver 5.01. Here is the Brief of the process:

1.Check Mark the field “Exact Cost Reversing Mandatory” on Sales & Receivables Setup.
2.Make a Purchase Order for Item ‘X’ with Lot and Serial No. Tracking for Location ‘’X’.
3.Make a Sales Order for the same Item & Location with Lot and Serial No. Tracking.
4.Make a Sales Return Order, Copy Document, from the one you posted on Step 3.
5.Post the Return Order With Receive and Invoice separately. If you do it together it will be Posted so do not try.
6.Once the Return Order is Received I tried to Invoice it and it throws the error.

"Appl.-from Item Entry must not be 0 in Sales Line Document Type='Return Order',Document No.='1016',Line No.='30000'."

Please Let me know if anybody has encountered the similar error before and resolution for the same. Your Valuable comments will be appreciated.

Thanks & regards
Brijesh
Thanks & Regards
Brijesh Karnatak

Comments

• reemareema Member Posts: 255
    Please check the field “Apply –from Item entry.”
    Do u have any value in that field.

I think the field will be blank, so u are getting that message.
    reema
  • sacmonsacmon Member Posts: 29
    Since you are using "Exact Cost Reversing Mandatory" and lotno. functionality, you have to select "Apply from entry No." with same lot no., to which you have already posted sales order in sales invoice.
  • BrijeshKarnatakBrijeshKarnatak Member Posts: 26
    Hi All,

I know that the field "“Apply –from Item entry.”" is blank and in case of excet cost reversing it make sense to select the applied entry.

But do not forget that in exact cost reversing, In Nav 501 NA we have the same field in the Item Tracking, which automatically get populated. When we try to populate the field “Apply –from Item entry.” on sales Line it didn't allow you to select any entry and ask you to populate in the Item Tracking lines.

Please try to post the entry and if you succed do let me know. To me it seems a BUG, but freinds as MS is not providing the FIX for NAV Ver 501 due to the release of NAV 2009.IF you have any fix or solution do let me know.

I would appreciate if you get sucess, please let me know ASAP at : +919818574892

Also the Same Scenario in the Purchase is decalred a Bug by MS.

Refer:
    https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase ... QYZSRXWWYZ
    Thanks & Regards
    Brijesh Karnatak
  • BrijeshKarnatakBrijeshKarnatak Member Posts: 26
    Hi Friends,

For the issue reported above by me Finally we got a resolution. MS declared a Bug and send us the patch.

You can see the Incedent Number 9307077 on MS Partner Souce.

Thanks for your Support.

Cheers@
    Thanks & Regards
    Brijesh Karnatak