ADCS "log off" issue

scottscott Member Posts: 76
We just went live with 12 ADCS units in the warehouse to do picking. Since the beginning of go live, we got errors and warnings in the event log. Once for a while, a ADCS unit got disconnected...

these are the warnings for the NAS:

The call to member SendEncryptedData failed. mscorlib returned the following message:
Can't save. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80030103 (STG_E_CANTSAVE))

The call to member SendWaitForReply failed. SocketBusAdapter.SocketBusAdapter.1 returned the following message:
InMessage could not be created because information was not received.

there are the errors for the VT100 plugin:

Terminal ID 28062782 will be discontinued.
Root element is missing.

Could not send Message to NAS (1) for ID 28062782
Wrote 1696 of 0
Root element is missing.
System.Xml

We installed ADCS and NAS to one virtual machine.

The warehouse is connected to the main database using T1 line.

Any information is appreciated.

Comments

• Jorge_Torres_[MSFT]Jorge_Torres_[MSFT] Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 29
    Which version are you using?

It is possible to use ADCS encrypted/unencrypted version with either 4.00 SP3 or 5.00, 5.00 SP1 or NAV 2009, but remember that there are several components involved in ADCS. Some of these components are: VT1000 Service, ComCom (NSComCom2.dll and SocketBusAdapter.dll), and if using the encryption system, also SaferStream.dll.

Also remember that AL objects have to correspond to the ADCS version you are using.

In general, try to have the latest versions available.

Hope this helps,

Jorge
    “This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.”
  • kenmasterptykenmasterpty Member Posts: 5
    Hi Scott,

we are havign the same error messagse that you are getting, were you able to solve the situation?
    at the beginning we were using virtual machines also, but later on we found out that somehow the virtual machinese were giving some delay issues, so we switched to powerPC's and the situation has been better. But we still do get those error adn warnings in the event viewer and the ADCS handhelds got disconnected.

which version of the ADCS (VT100 plugin are you using), we are running NAV 5.00 SP1, and the installed version is the ADCS that comes with the original DVD on the 5.00 SP1.

@Jorge,
    can you provide info about the last available version released by Microsoft?
  • TomKTomK Member Posts: 4
    Hi

We are also having the same error messages, is there already a solution available?

We are using NAV 5.0 SP1 with all hotfixes available. The Server, Client, NAS and ADCS are running on a virtual Windows 2003 Server.

The strange thing is that the problem occurs not always. In most cases we have no problems. Sometimes the VT100 Plugin gives the following error:

Could not send Message to NAS (2) for ID 33711845
    Wrote 1248 of 0
    Root element is missing.
    System.Xml

After this error, the NAS gives also errors like:

- The call to member SendWaitForReply failed. SocketBusAdapter.SocketBusAdapter.1 returned the following message:

- The value of COPYSTR parameter 2 is outside of the permitted range.

If someone knows a solution, please contact me.

Tom
  • KYDutchieKYDutchie Member Posts: 345
    Hi

I had this same issue on 5.0SP1 ADCS.
    I got a hotfix from Microsoft KB949699 and it solved the "root element missing" problem for me. \:D/

The following warning:
    The call to member SendEncryptedData failed. mscorlib returned the following message:

is still occurring. I am working with Microsoft on that one.

Regards,

Willy
    Fostering a homeless, abused child is the hardest yet most rewarding thing I have ever done.
  • ezhikusezhikus Member Posts: 21
    Having the same issue right now.
    I`m using NAV 5.0SP1 and i`ve been using it with the NamedPipes version of ADCS (from 4.0SP2) for quite some time, and now am trying to upgrade the ADCS version up to 5.00SP1, the one with the encrypted Socket Bus.
    Everything works fine, except when I try to go deep into customized menus in miniforms I get the same errors described here.

By the way, I use VT100 Plugin installed on server A (Win XP SP3 32), NAS installed on server B (Win 2008 R2 64) and the SQL DB is on server C (Win 2008 R2 64) in case it matters.

On the VT100 plugin side i Get the error

"Could not send Message to NAS (1) for ID 3165221
    Wrote 736 of 0
    Root element is missing.
    System.Xml"

and then
    "Terminal ID 3165221 will be discontinued.
    Root element is missing."

And on the NAS side the error is
    "This message is for C/AL programmers:

The call to member SendWaitForReply failed. SocketBusAdapter.SocketBusAdapter.1 returned the following message:
    the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table"

Please, someone, is there a way to fix it?
    for mother russia!
  • rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    Things to consider when using ADCS:
    - always install ADCS NAS on a separate DEDICATED machine (a simple PC often does the job)
    - depending on the amount of data exchanged with the handhelds do not connect more than ~10 of them to one ADCS NAS
    - VT100 Errors often appear when handhelds change WiFi accesspoints while exchanging data with NAV (personell moving around the warehouse therefore handhelds search for best signal)

Keep in mind that the NAS is basically a NAV client without the GUI and its foundation layer is based in pretty old technology so there really is no need for fancy server configuration (64bit, server OS, virtualization) for its installation. The best way to manage ADCS NAS is on a simple dedicated PC with Windows XP installed.
    rhpnt wrote:
    Things to consider when using ADCS:

Thanks for the tips!
    But still I`m very interested in this particular problem.
    Can anyone provide any information on that KB 949699 for NAV 5.0SP1?? Pleeeeh zzzzzzz.

I don`t have a CustomerSource access at the moment :(.

Umm... So that`s true, the issue gets solved with the KB 949699.
    for mother russia!
    KYDutchie wrote:
    Hi

I had this same issue on 5.0SP1 ADCS.
    I got a hotfix from Microsoft KB949699 and it solved the "root element missing" problem for me. \:D/

The following warning:

is still occurring. I am working with Microsoft on that one.

Regards,

Willy

Absolutely the same thing happened to me, once had the "root element missing" problem, then its been solved by KB949699 and now i get the same warning "Can`t save." and so on.
    Did anyone solve this?
    for mother russia!
  • TimoBoTimoBo Member Posts: 31
    We are gettings this error in ADCS using NAV 2009 R2. Does anybody have a solution?
  • ladatplladatpl Member Posts: 1
    Hello. I am pretty sure the error is caused by a time-out. I can reproduce the behavior in the standard database by inserting a sleep command into (for example) CU 7708, function PrepareData:

PrepareData()
    WITH WhseActivityHeader DO BEGIN
    //X
    SLEEP(2000);

When I choose the "Pick documents" option on the terminal, the error occures.

I tried to manipulate the "Terminal timeout" and "RequestTimeOut" parameter in the registry, but with no success.

My configuration: NAV2009R2, VT100Plugin service version 6.0.32012.0, different NAS and plugin servers.

I have no solution in this time. Meantime I'll stick with the old version of plugins (i.e. 3.70 CSS.exe and VT100Plugin.exe), it's time-out parameter works fine (value of 9999 means infinite time-out).

Vladimir

----

New development: Hotfixed VT100Plugin provided in KB949699 seems to work fine
  • PureHeartPureHeart Member Posts: 190
    Have you managed to fix this? we are getting the same error on nav 2009 r2 The call to member SendEncryptedData failed. mscorlib returned the following message: Can't save. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80030103 (STG_E_CANTSAVE))

Please someone help!
    Why don't you try my compare tool?
    http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=1123
    Noone? Anyone? Is there really no FIX??? :(:(

Microsoft are you letting us down AGAIN?
  • marianaprmmarianaprm Member Posts: 6
    Hello all,

We are having the same problem after upgrading from version 4 to 2009

[NAS]
    This message is for C/AL programmers:
    The call to member SendWaitForReply failed. SocketBusAdapter.SocketBusAdapter.1
    returned the following message:

[VT100]
    Could not send Message to NAS (1) for ID 33711845
    Wrote 800 of 0
    Root element is missing.
    System.Xml

did anyone solved it?

Tks
    Did anyone logged it with Microsoft?
  • marianaprmmarianaprm Member Posts: 6
    PureHeart wrote:
    Did anyone logged it with Microsoft?

Not yet... It occured today and i was hoping to solve it asap!
    we have the same problem but not solved it yet :(
  • FramusFramus Member Posts: 13
    We use older VT100 pluggin and problem was solved (we used NAV 6 client and NAS, but VT100plugin is version 5.0.26146 and all works fine)