redroseredrose Member Posts: 36
Hi :D

Please explain me more about Temporary Table! :cry:

:?
Thanks & regards
Rose

Comments

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    a temporary table is a variable of type record for some table (like item)
    With setting the property temporary of this variable the RecordVariable is temporary.
    This mean, you doesn't make modifications on the "real" table.
    All your modifications are in the Chache. So, a temporary table will only be handled in your Cache.

Comment from online Help:
    Obviously, changes made to a temporary table will not be stored to the database.
    Using a temporary table can be useful in some situations. If you need to perform a lot of calculations on data in a table, for example, in a report, but it is not of the utmost necessity that the data used are the newest version, you can reduce load on the server by copying the table in question to a temporary table and working with this copy.

also: read the developer manuals

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • redroseredrose Member Posts: 36
    Thanks.
    Can i see the temporary Table data, Path?

Regards
    Rose
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    What for a Path?
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • vsnasevsnase Member Posts: 23
    Do I need a granule for creating temporay tables?
  • ShedmanShedman Member Posts: 194
    You don't need a special granule for temporary tables. You just create a record variable of an existing table, and set the temporary property to 'Yes'.

After this you can put records into it as you wish and use them as far as the scope of the variable goes.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You need license for the table if the table is used as SourceTable for some form or in some other situations on MS SQL.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.