Picture Measurement (Height and Width)

Ah_KitAh_Kit Member Posts: 24
Dear All,

If I plan to import the picture files into the Item card, what is the best recommendation of the picture measurement --> Height and width?

Anyone can help me?

Thank you

Regards
Wilson

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    1) To have complete information you need width, height and resolution (DPI) - the size in NAV will be calculated with these attributes.
    2) It depends on what you will use the pictures
    3) If you are on SQL, I recommend to use another table or not to save the pictures into the DB because performance
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    edited 2008-12-10
    kine wrote:
    3) If you are on SQL, I recommend to use another table or not to save the pictures into the DB because performance

There are many posts about saving pics outside NAV and viewing them on the fly from within NAV.

We have over 30,000 pics to import each one would increase our database more than necessary.
    If older versions used JPG instead of BMP then maybe (that's another topic).

Search for Item Pictures and things like that

I woulod say our average pic is about
    300kb-500kb file size
    400x400 pixels

really depends on the users display properties
    A picture seen on a screen with settings of 1280x1024 is very different from what the user using 800x600 will see.
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    a nice thing is the SQL2008. Here you can say (under sql design) that the BLOB field is a "Link" to a file on folder.
    The nice thing there is: It needs only some bites and not the whole size of the file and, if you create a full backup it's save also the files ....
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    Search also the forum for BMP AND / OR DPI. there are many topics about these theme.
    Do you make it right, it works too!