Excel export problem

ilianadlbilianadlb Member Posts: 40
I have the next situation
I need to export to Excel the informacion of one table, I have a citrix server, but I don´t have a Ecxel installed, I want to export using a dialog box where I can put the path to save the information exported every client has excel in your local, but not in the server.

I want to use the functionallity similar when we use a page web to download any file and save local in my computer.

Anybody can help me? :-k

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    If you just need a file, why not create a dataport to export the data from that table to a CSV or TXT or TAB delimeted file.
    Then everyone can open that file in excel.
  • ilianadlbilianadlb Member Posts: 40
    I can't use Dataport cause I need the user format, with the dataport I don't know how make the user design
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    ilianadlb wrote:
    I can't use Dataport cause I need the user format, with the dataport I don't know how make the user design

Sorry I don't understand what you just wrote :-k
    User format?
    user design?

Is it just plain data you want from a specific table? or is it some formatted report with calculations that you want to export?
  • csimoneauxcsimoneaux Member Posts: 168
    If you do not have excel on your machine, you will have to remote desk top to a machine that has it and access Navision that way.
    Write your export using the Excel buffer. If you want to store file on your machine, then setup a share folder on your machine and you can store Excel file in that folder.
  • Denis_PetrovDenis_Petrov Member Posts: 107
    ilianadlb wrote:

you can create a form for a dataport so any user can use it
    save the file locally (in case you can't save it remotely ) then use any ftp software (it's free ) to securely move the files anywhere you wish

hope this helps
    Best regards,

Denis Petrov.
  • couberpucouberpu Member Posts: 317
    ilianadlb wrote:
    I have the next situation
    I need to export to Excel the informacion of one table, I have a citrix server, but I don´t have a Ecxel installed, I want to export using a dialog box where I can put the path to save the information exported every client has excel in your local, but not in the server.

I want to use the functionallity similar when we use a page web to download any file and save local in my computer.

Anybody can help me? :-k

Can you using Citrix Disk mapping to map client C:\ to V:\ and write your output to V:\? You can do this in Citrix and every time user sign in to her/his Citrix section, citrix will automatic map user's local C drive to citrix V drive and you can write to it.
    If you create your output in text file format with proper delimiter, like "Name","Address-1","Address-2",... and use csv as file extension. You do not need excel installed on citrix server for csv file and excel can open it, with proper format.
    Is this what you looking for?