Upgrade from 1.xx to 2.xx

rainergaissrainergaiss Member Posts: 43
edited 2008-12-12 in Navision Financials
I cannot remember, so who does still know?

I have a Financials 1.30 that must first be upgraded to a 2.xx version for further upgrades to 5.00 SP1. All steps but the first are well known. I have the 2.01A and the 2.60 version here, but they all contain upgrade kits only within the version 2, not from 1 to 2. I suppose migrating from 1 to 2 was just importing a 1.xx backup into a 2.xx database and then you can do the next step to 4.00 SP3. Is this true?

Thank you for your help so far!

Rainer

Comments

• danlindstromdanlindstrom Member Posts: 130
    I've done this before and will check my notes tomorrow afternoon (at my office) and will reply on thursday.
    Regards
    Dan Lindström
    NCSD Navision 2.00 since 1999 (Navision Certified Solution Developer)
    MBSP Developer for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009
  • danlindstromdanlindstrom Member Posts: 130
    There is some datatranslation from ver 1.xx to 2.0 that must carried on

The main issues addressed by the data upgrade for Navision Financials 2.00 are the following:

In the current version of Navision Financials, the translation of Unit of Measure in the "Item Translation" table has been moved to a new table "Unit of Measure Translation" and the field has been deleted in the "Item Translation" table.

In Navision Financials 2.00, the General Posting Setup table has been divided up into two tables. The relevant information in the General Posting Setup table has therefore been moved to the VAT Posting Setup table. The Gen. Business Posting Group and Gen. Product Posting Group tables have been copied to two new tables: the VAT Business Posting Group table and the VAT Product Posting Group table.

I have found the CD with 2.00
    It contains an folder NFUPGTK with 1 fob and 1 txt-document describing the process

If you PM me your email => I mail you the contents
    Regards
    Dan Lindström
    NCSD Navision 2.00 since 1999 (Navision Certified Solution Developer)
    MBSP Developer for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009