HELP - How much was setoff?

slmaluwaslmaluwa Member Posts: 364
Hi
One quick help needed. My user has setoff (Posted Application of) one credit note against two outstanding invoices and posted the application. This was his practice and has been doing it for a long time.

Now, they wanted to know how much was actually applied to each entry? If it is a 100% one-to-one application, no issue.
But, in case of setting off one entry against several, I couldn't find the exact amount by selecting "Entry" --> "Applied Entries".

TIA
"A bove maiore discit arare minor"-"From the old ox, the young one learns to plow."

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    If the credit is applied to multiple invoices (for example)
    click on the credit then Application->Applied Entries

Look at the original Amount, closed by amount and amount fields.

One or more or all should tell you how much of the credit was applied to each of the invoices.

I did a test 2 invoices 1 for $.01 & 1 for $.02 giving me a total of $0.03
    Now I made a credit for $0.03 and applied it to the open entries giving me zero
    When I view the credits applied entries I see the two invoices & there amounts. What seems to be your problem?
  • slmaluwaslmaluwa Member Posts: 364
    Dear Savatage,

Yes, that should be that much simple. But, as far as I remember the columns you were referring didn't show the applied amount. it was showing the Original amount of Invoices.
    Ex:
    Inv value: $100
    C/M Setoff: $50
    Balance: $50

But, when I selected the credit memo line and then Applied Entries, it showed $100 for that invoice in those columns. Not $50. Am I missing something here?

Thank you
    "A bove maiore discit arare minor"-"From the old ox, the young one learns to plow."
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    No pretty way - this is how you can find out

Click on the credit memo & then Applied Entries

It then show you the entries applied to that credit.
    Click on each entry that's shows in the applied entry
    Entry->Detailed Ledger Entries or Ctrl-F5

In this example I have 2 invoices $10 & $5 with a $12 credit
    The $10 inv is paid off by the $12 credit and $2 is applies to the open $5 inv

Using the Detailed Ledger Entries I'm able to see $2 from that credit is applied to the $5 inv