Document Approval question

NaviDevNaviDev Member Posts: 365
Hi,

We are using document approval of Nav5.01. I just want to know if the process is correct. For example, I have login as Encoder and I created sales order with salesperson "SP001" and this transaction needs to be approved by approver "AP001". Do the transaction still needs to be approved by the salesperson "SP001"? before going to the approver "AP001"? What if I want it direct... I mean it will go to the approver without the approval of the salesperson? What do I need to do with the setup?

Many thanks in advance....
Navision noob....

Comments

• reemareema Member Posts: 255
    edited 2008-12-08
    Hi Navi dev,

The general process is first sales person has to create the sales order .
    Next he has to release the slaes order and run the function “ AUTHORIZATION”.
    Then automatically system will send a message that person who is in the approval list ( AP001).
    Once he has approved that sales order , then u can do the next operation like ship , invoice
    For this uneed to do setups in work flow module based on the hierarchy and amount wise.

Sales person need not to approve that sales order just his work is create the sales order
    reema
  • navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    reema wrote:
    Hi Navi dev,

....slaes order and run the function “ AUTHORIZATION”.
    ..... work is create the sales order

In Nav 4.0 SP3 you can find Authorization fucntion and in Nav 5.0 SP1 you can find
    Send A&pproval Request function which is more advance than Authorization of Nav 4.0 SP3 :wink:
    Now or Never
  • reemareema Member Posts: 255
    Yes, but the concept is same : :cry:
    reema
  • a_p10a_p10 Member Posts: 1
    Can any one send me any documents related to v 5.0 regarding the approval set up ....
  • navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    Download it from PartnerSource. :wink:
    Now or Never