Additional Reporting Currency generation does not work!!!

phubertphubert Member Posts: 5
Hi All,

We are in the process of implementing a new customer. We have successfully migrated existing customer data. Now, we want Navision to automaticly generate Reporting Currency data (additional currency data).

In Setup->General Ledger Setup->Reporting, we selected the reporting currency. Then a message announcing that a batch job is displayed. On validation of this message box, nothing happens. No data related to Additional Reporting Currency is generated.

But surprisignly, when a new transaction is posted on a ne, LCY and Reporting currency data are created in the GL.

Anyone has an idea how to sort out this issue ? Thanks in advance

Comments

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Additional currency should be set before import of opening balances with the correct translation figures. Additional currency is calculated on different parameters like historical rate (for Fixed Assets,Long term investments), period rate.......
    System cannot ascertain which rate to apply and the same needs to be imported along with the opening balances.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • phubertphubert Member Posts: 5
    So, what would be the process for migrating legacy data that includes additional reporting currency ?

if my understanding is correct I should :
    1. Set up additional reporting currency
    2. Download or setup exchange rates per period in the past
    3. and then migrate legacy data (GL entries).

Do I still need to run the batch job to from Setup>General Ledger Setup>Reporting?

What if after importing legacy data, I set up additional currency with a start date in the past and then run the batch job?

Please clarify. Thanks.