Item by lot Reporting

CdnNavCdnNav Member Posts: 10
I am looking to build a report that looks in both the item table (27) and the Lot No Information(6505) tables (I think)

The report should group item numbers and display description, lot number, date lot received, the amount of material in stock, the unit cost each lot (that has material instock), and total cost of the lot and the total amount of material in stock and the sum of the total cost of each lot summarized at the bottom of the item.

When the report is finished i hope it to look like the excel file and can be filtered by Item No, Inventory Posting Group, etc.
lot.jpg 71.4K

Comments

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    And where is your problem?
    The design? The Code? To link the tables as DataItem? Or do you need a "thought-provoking impulse" ?
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You can do it much quicker if you base it over Item Ledger Entries and you will sort it by Item No. and Lot No. and group it by those two fields. Than just show the sums (you can use only open entries) and you will have all what you need without need to loop through all items and all lot no. informations... ;-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • reemareema Member Posts: 255
    Yes, that is the easy thing . we developed like this..
    reema
  • CdnNavCdnNav Member Posts: 10
    I am trying to build this using the wizard and can't seem to get it entirely they way i want.

I can get the system to pull in all the open lots, but what i can't get is the following:
    1. How much material is left in inventory (i have the purchase amount on the report)
    2. the lot price (i can only get the total price for the purchase)

not sure what i am doing wrong since this is my first report in navision.

hoping someone can post like a step by step using the navision wizard.