Purchases being posted to Job Planning Lines - Nav 5

imurphyimurphy Member Posts: 308
I'm seeing an odd problem with Nav 5.0 and Job Planning Lines.

According to the documentation when a purchase is made against a Job there should be entries made in
On Receipt - Item Ledger Entry
On Invoice - Job Ledger Entry
On Invoice - Job Planning lines
with the jobs patch the schema changes a bit but is similar.

Material purchased with a Job No. on the purchase order line should be generating Job Planning Lines. This doesn't make any sense to me but the problem I'm seeing is that occasionally a purchase is posted to the Job Planing Lines - but not always.

The same goes for the resource journals. I'm seeing that occasionally the hours clocked up by employees are being entered into the Job Planning Lines table.

What I can't figure out is how this is occuring! Obviously the client is entering this information, so I'm not sure of the circumstances. There is nothing obviously different about the Jobs or the tasks involved.

More curiously - the docs (MS Dynamics Nav 5.0sp1 - Introduction to Jobs changes) say it should always generate planning lines, but this makes no sense! If you make an estimate of 10,000 of material costs for a project, it then makes no sense that when you purchase the material that the cost is accumulated as well and that the planned cost goes up.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Ian