Configuration file required

havhav Member Posts: 299
edited 2009-06-18 in NAV Three Tier
HI all,
I tried installing and uninstalling NAV2009 on Win'XP SP3 a couple of times. During each installation i found different type of errors. I do not see demo db. being attached to my SQL Express instance. I tried restoring it. It took a hell lot of time. At the end of restoration it prompted an error showing '6 objects compiled with error during import'.
With this installation I was able to run Classic client & SQL Server option but when i try running RTC, it prompted "Configuration file required {0]."

I am not sure where to look for this config file and how to overcome this error.

I dont see any workaround in the release notes.

Pls help.

Regards,
Hemant
Regards,
Hemant
MCTS (MB7-841 : NAV 2009 C/SIDE Solution Development)

Answers

• havhav Member Posts: 299
    Hey, i have resolved it.

I looked in my Application Data directory and what i found was that the Microsoft Dynamics NAV sub-directory containing ClientUserSettings.config file was missing.

I re-installed Role Tailored Client and it all worked fine :D .

Regards,
    Hemant
    Regards,
    Hemant
    MCTS (MB7-841 : NAV 2009 C/SIDE Solution Development)
  • afarrafarr Member Posts: 287
    Thanks Hemant. This was useful.

If it's any help to others, the full path of the config file on my computer is:
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\ClientUserSettings.Config

I copied this file from another computer where NAV 2009 was working well, and I didn't need to re-install Navision.
    Alastair Farrugia