How to reverse Wrong adjust by Adjust Cost-Item Entrie

julia8351julia8351 Member Posts: 14
Hi All ,

need your help about how to remedy the data due to running the Report Adjust Cost - Item Entries...

Issue Reason:

All the Items original use the Average as Costing Method, one day, user export item master to do some modifications , but when import back navision, due to the bug of Dataport (doesn't default the Costing Method to Average),all the items imported became FIFO (the first option) costing method. afterwards, user did 4,5 times Adjust Cost -Item entryes and Post Inventory to GL. now they found that the Stock adjust acc. appear huge number.

Method tired :

We tried to change back the Costing Method, then change "Cost is Adjusted" to false for all items, also the "Applied Entry to Adjust" in Item ledger entry modified to true, then re-run the Adjust Cost report.

But this way didn't work, it only adjust the Cost of sales acc. did nothing about the Cost Adjustment acc.

Kindly offer your helps...thanks in advance.

send me e-mail : julia8351@hotmail.com

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    In addition you need to uncheck the field cost is adjusted in table Avg. Cost Adjmt. Entry Point for all records.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • SilverXSilverX Member Posts: 134
    edited 2008-12-08
    We used the following code to reverse complete inventory adjustment for an Item in NAV 5.00. But it was not posted to G/L before. It may help you.
    Code deleted on request  8) 

EDIT

If you have issues with inventory adjustment, first try the NAV standard functionality like revaluation or something.
    If you really need code to delete inventory adjustment of an item, you may contact me.
    Cheers
    Carsten

==> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Why would you EVER delete posted ledger entries?
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
    You're right. Normally you should NEVER do such things. But in my case a customization resulted in inconsistent Item Legder Entries / Item Application Entries with automatic cost adjustment turned on. This was the only way to fix it.

Normally i can not advice "hard" changes to Ledger Entries.
    Cheers
    Carsten

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    What do you mean by "inconsistent"? If the amounts posted are incorrect then post adjusting entries. Don't delete already posted entries. The rule is never delete posted ledger entries.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    SilverX wrote:
    We used the following code to reverse complete inventory adjustment for an Item in NAV 5.00. But it was not posted to G/L before. It may help you.

:shock:

hi Silver,

I know you think you are helping here, but in reality this is not a good thing to post. Consider that in the future sometime, some developer will have an issue and search on MiBuSo for a solution. They will see this code and use it.

My opinion is that you might want to delete the code from your post, and if the Original Poster is interested, have them contact you by PM, so that at least it is used in context.
    David Singleton
    @bbrown: Due to an error in costomizations, the sum of quantities in ILE and IAE was not constistent after closing the ILE in some cases. Thats what i call inconstistent.

@David: Of yourse you're right. I've deleted the code. In my case it was neccessary to do so, but it may be missunderstood by other users. It was only meant to correct an development error but julias problem is a user fault. Thanks for your advice :)
    Cheers
    Carsten

• julia8351julia8351 Member Posts: 14
    Thank you for replies.

Got some questions when investigated this issue:

1. What's the usage of the field "Cost Application" in table 339 Item Application Entry?
    I found for FIFO or other costing methodes (except Average), the outbound application entry will tick this field. but for average this field is blank.
    Before I patch the data, anything need to be done in this table?

2. How to deal the wrong value entries?
    In my case, generated rounding value entry and post values to corresponing acc. , could I reverse the GL Entries, then directly delete the value entries? any impact for further operations?

• julia8351julia8351 Member Posts: 14
    forgot onething ... the customer's Navision version is 4.03 ,so there's no field "Cost is adjusted" in the Avg. Cost Adjmt. Entry Point table. thanks...
    Yes it has been there for a long time.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini

julia8351 wrote:
    Thank you for replies.

Got some questions when investigated this issue:

2. How to deal the wrong value entries?
    In my case, generated rounding value entry and post values to corresponing acc. , could I reverse the GL Entries, then directly delete the value entries? any impact for further operations?

Adjust cost should fix the entries.
    1. What's the usage of the field "Cost Application" in table 339 Item Application Entry?
    I found for FIFO or other costing methodes (except Average), the outbound application entry will tick this field. but for average this field is blank.
    Before I patch the data, anything need to be done in this table?

If the entries are applied manually against each other (for average costing) the field will be checked. So when adjust cost runs it doesn't take those entries into account to calculate the average cost. For average costing all should be false, unless you've manually applied entries. So you'll need to uncheck the flag.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini

• ecriss15ecriss15 Member Posts: 14
    SilverX wrote:
    If you have issues with inventory adjustment, first try the NAV standard functionality like revaluation or something.
    If you really need code to delete inventory adjustment of an item, you may contact me.

Hello,

I think I need the code for deleting adjust cost entries for an item or at least an advice. The problem is this : we use NAV 4.0 SP3, romanian localization. I modifid adjusting report so i can run it for a particular item. For one item i had the error "an integer is too big". Now I've discovered that I have a transfer order with shipment and no receipt, and no transfer order either. I think this is the problem but , before knowing this, i did the following stupid thing : i put for all the value entries for this item valuation date = 31.12.2008 (it is the first time the report is run) and then i run the adjustment. For this item i have negative inventory. A few entries have corect cost after adjustment and the rest of them have zero cost because of the negative balance.

After this I put the valuation date back as it was but if i came with a purchase it does not adjust ok the entries.
    If i don't put back valuation date on entries it won't adjust at all entries that have valuation date = 31.12.2008 and cost equal to zero.
    I have this problem for almost two weeks and I have made many tests to see how i can fix it but i didn't find any solution.

I need to ajust corect the entries, at least with an appropiate cost.