Cess on VAT

PPPPPP Member Posts: 159
Hi,

How do we calculate Cess on VAT in NAV? (This is a state level levy structure.I dont think all the states in IND has this levy to be calculated on VAT)
Can anybody suggest how do we handle this issue in NAV 5.0. At least I should hve a provision to calculate the Cess amount on VAT and VAT report can be customised. Is it possbile using Structure? But if I use Structure how the normal VAT will calculate , I believe VAT should be used through the VAT setups.

Thanks in advance.
PPP

Comments

• reemareema Member Posts: 255
    It could be better to provide an example to get the solution .
    reema
  • PPPPPP Member Posts: 159
    Thanks Reema for the Adv.

It is some thing like this.

Item A
    Qty 1000
    Rate 15.00
    Value 15000.00

VAT 4% on Value i.e 600.00
    Cess 1% on VAT 6.00

Here I want to calculate Cess.
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Define 2 Tax Jurisdiction : Vat & Cess and in Tax area define both of them to calculate both VAT & Cess.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
    Do we need to Create Structure in Structure card , even if we are using VAT/TAX setups ?

Thanks in anticipation
    PpP
    Sale Tax needs to be selected in the structure. You can have multiple tax calculations in the sales tax option.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    Sandeepgi,

I have a basic question. We are creating all the setups like Excise setups and Sales Tax setups, still we need to use TAX STructure? even excise values i am not getting it in line. I had gone through the manual got from Partnersource. But that is not sufficient. Could you pls guide how to setups the vat/sales tax and Excise.

Thanking you in advance
    Excise & Sales Tax needs to be defined in the structures. This is due to the fact that on a single item these taxes may be applicable for one vendor and not for other.
    You know the great Indian Taxation system ](*,)
    CA Sandeep Singla
  • reemareema Member Posts: 255
    Yes Sandeep ,

Because of this great Indian Taxation system every Functional consultant :cry:
    reema
  • austinaustin Member Posts: 191
    It gives #-o
    Thanks a lot for you help

I am able to calculate the tax and excise now..

But I am still not able to understand , the use of TAX JURISDICTION AND TAX AREA

aND WITHOUT USING tax AREA STILL AM GETTING THE VALUES CALCULATED
    ssingla wrote:
    Define 2 Tax Jurisdiction : Vat & Cess and in Tax area define both of them to calculate both VAT & Cess.

I tried creating two Tax Jurisdiction and assign both jurisdictions to the Tax area. But the issue i am facing here is both tax is calculated and given me the total tax e.g 400 VAT and 4.00 is Cess Total comes to 404.00. Thats ok with me. But i am getting only one entry in the Tax Entry Detail table as 404.00 Infact for the statutory purpose we need to show both tax and cess separately.
  • vijayandersonvijayanderson Member Posts: 207
    Hi

Use Excise posting also along with it, Create Separate Excise posting group and give only % in Cess. It works fine.. After posting Navigate to see the values..

Regards,
    Vijay
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!