PasswordText in Dialog Box

victorMvictorM Member Posts: 24
I use dialog variable to create the input box. the codes are :

Dialog.OPEN('Enter the Password #1######',Password);
Dialog.INPUT(1,Password);

but i need to change the input format into PasswordText, like '****'. Can navision do that?
thanks for help

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I never use the .INPUT method. And I recommend to not use it. Better is to create new form or use report request form for that data input. And you will have possibility to do what you want... ;-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    As kine said, use a form.
    But don't forgett. also when you set the property "PasswordText" the user can still see the password if the field is focusable and he set a fieldfilter (F7) directly on this field. so also create a crypt / decrypt algorothum (like ceaser chiffre or a simple ASCII Change)

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    kine wrote:
    I never use the .INPUT method. And I recommend to not use it. Better is to create new form or use report request form for that data input. And you will have possibility to do what you want... ;-)

What would be the reasons for not using .INPUT?
    What problems would it cause?
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    E.g. problems with making difference between ESC (cancel) and Enter (OK). Blocking transaction without any message (if you use report or form during transaction, NAV will give you big error about that), not possibility to do anything around (e.g. like you want)... just examles... 8)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • victorMvictorM Member Posts: 24
    ok, thanks kine, for your recommendation..
    maybe it's not possible to set PasswordText in INPUT method, right ? :mrgreen:
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    correct
    Do you make it right, it works too!