Opening company in Nav freezes SQL client

dkloogerdklooger Member Posts: 3
Has anyone experienced this issue before

Open a Nav SQL client
Connect to the database
Use the open company function
Select a company from the list (multi company database)
then find that the client freezes with no company opening and no response which means that you have to kill the client and re open and try again

However if you open the company from the list of previous opened companies it will work

Anyone seen this and if so anyone have a fix.

Comments

• headley27headley27 Member Posts: 188
    I think this happened to one of my clients some time ago.

I'll be damned if I can remember what we did though. :?

The first thing that pops into my head is that the zup file may be corrupt.....
      *Close Navision. *Rename fin.zup to something else. *Restart Navision. *See if your problem goes away.
    Navision will create a new fin.zup file.

The fin.zup file should be found in 'C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data' (XP, 2000) or 'C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming' (Vista).

If it doesn't solve the problem, close Navision, delete the new fin.zup file and rename the original file back to fin.zup.
    You're back to the starting point but you're no worse off, if you do the renaming this way.

If it works, you will lose your personalized settings (previous filters, last accessed docs, field order on subforms, etc.) but Navision won't freeze on you.

I hope this helps you.
  • dkloogerdklooger Member Posts: 3
    Thanks Headly

Question is renaming the zup any different from deleting as i have already tried deleting and this did not fix
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    also possible:
    is there some customized in CU 1? Like in Function CompanyOpen(), where you read some recs?
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Which NAV client version (build)?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.