Changing a Bin Type

LibertyMountainLibertyMountain Member Posts: 94
Logic in the OnValidate code of the Bin."Bin Type Code" prevents a user from modifying a bin's Bin Type if the bin has contents. Would I be foolish to write a report to update some bin types directly, by passing the OnValidate code?

I want to update several of my putaway bins to putpick bins. For now we are not setup to do replenishments quickly from putaway bins to pick bins. So we just want to make all the putaway bins putpick bins so that these putaway bins can be picked from. We're not shipping out all the orders we could because quanties available in putaway bins do not show up on pick tickets (as they shouldn't).

I realize I could do mass movements out of the putaway bins, change the bins from putaway bins to putpick bins, then move the items back. But I want to avoid that if I can run a simple report to do the update harmlessly.

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    If you write the report, you also need to update all the warehouse entries as well. The field bin type is in warehouse entry. If you change it only in at bin level, creating pick will still not suggest the bins.

I suggest you do it in test environment b5 in live and do some normal warehouse processes.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n