Post MARKED Transfer Lines

couberpucouberpu Member Posts: 317
Good Morning,

Is there a way to only post marked transfer lines?

Thanks,
Couberpu

Answers

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Set the appropriate quantity, in the qty to ship/receive, you cannot mark and post only marked.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • couberpucouberpu Member Posts: 317
    AdamRoue wrote:
    Set the appropriate quantity, in the qty to ship/receive, you cannot mark and post only marked.

Ouch!

Is this the only way? :|

One transfer could have thousands of lines and might take several days to finish, in my case several weeks. Not to say it is month end now, just to adjust it line by line is very ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

For now, I have to use dataport to create sub orders to post what was shipped.

Thanks,
    Couberpu
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    couberpu wrote:
    AdamRoue wrote:

Ouch!

Is this the only way? :|

One transfer could have thousands of lines and might take several days to finish, in my case several weeks. Not to say it is month end now, just to adjust it line by line is very ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

For now, I have to use dataport to create sub orders to post what was shipped.

Thanks,
    Couberpu

How else would you be able to properly post what was shipped and what was received? I'm assuming you would only post transfer lines that were actually picked and the quantities that were picked?
    Alex,

Well, when the transfer line was created, the quantity, quantity to ship and quantity to receive was set to equal. **Sorry, I forgot to mention that there was no WMS for from and to locations! We had a "pick ticket" report, using shelf/bin from stockkeeping unit, printed for picking.
    As we picked and loaded to the truck, we shipped to transfer-to location. There was only small number of lines need to be adjusted. My problem is to zero out high percent of quantity to ship, knowing that most of them are going to be correct, for the purpose of moving proper inventory to in-transit location. I read the code but with my limited knowledge could not understand why all the lines has to be posted, with or without zero qty, and need help to find the way of handling my problem. I know that adjust the qty is the correct way, but why not only posted what was actually marked picked and shipped?

Thanks,
    Couberpu
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    They're not all posted. Only lines with Qty. to Ship are shipped and lines with Qty. to Received are received.

It requires the same amount of time and checking for marking the lines and filling in the Qty. to Ship.

If you really want to incorporate the shipping process without manual entry, get E-ship. You can scan the transfer and ship the items using a scanner with the packer.

Or use WMS and get only the source lines you want to pick and ship.
    Alex Chow wrote:
    They're not all posted. Only lines with Qty. to Ship are shipped and lines with Qty. to Received are received.

It requires the same amount of time and checking for marking the lines and filling in the Qty. to Ship.

If you really want to incorporate the shipping process without manual entry, get E-ship. You can scan the transfer and ship the items using a scanner with the packer.

Or use WMS and get only the source lines you want to pick and ship.

Good point! ](*,) ](*,)

Thanks,
    Couberpu
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    It actually takes less time :D

If you have a transfer order with 1000 lines and 20 are not shipped you need to go into twenty lines and set the quantity to ship to be 0 or however many you shipped. With marking you need to mark 980 lines, or all and unmark 20.

Depending upon you actual process you might consider deleting the line not shipped from teh transfer order, as this maybe a better solution depending upon your business scenario.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    couberpu wrote:
    AdamRoue wrote:

Ouch!

Is this the only way?

basically yes, BUT what if you write function in the Transfer sub form, that uses the MARKED flag, and on unmarked lines it sets the Qty to Ship to Zero, something like
    If TransLine.Find('-') then 
      repeat
        if NOT TransLine.MARK then begin
           Transline.Validate("qty. to ship",0);
           TransLine.modify;
        end;
      until transline.next = 0;

8)
    David Singleton
    couberpu wrote:
    AdamRoue wrote:

Ouch!

Is this the only way?

basically yes, BUT what if you write function in the Transfer sub form, that uses the MARKED flag, and on unmarked lines it sets the Qty to Ship to Zero, something like
    If TransLine.Find('-') then 
      repeat
        if NOT TransLine.MARK then begin
           Transline.Validate("qty. to ship",0);
           TransLine.modify;
        end;
      until transline.next = 0;

8)

David,

And, add another function in the same sub form to reset the "qty to ship" back to outstanding qty after post the shipment.

I like the idea and am going to give a try.

Thanks, :P
    Couberpu
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    couberpu wrote:
    I like the idea and am going to give a try.

Thanks, :P
    Couberpu

Anytime, and you are very welcome :D
    David Singleton