Nav 5.0 Vs Nav 4.0 SP3

navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
Hi All,

We have a New Customer in Trading Business and there requirements are very simple.
They want to implement Purchase, Sales and Finance module only.

But I’m very much worried to know that there are lots bug in Nav 5.0 IN and every body says that Nav 4.0 SP 3 much better than the Nav 5.0 IN.

But there are lots of new functionalities are available in Nav 5.0 so I always prefer Nav 5.0 rather that Nav 4.0.

So Plz suggest me.
Which version should I go for? Nav 5.0 or Nav 4.0?
:-k
Now or Never

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    navuser1 wrote:
    ...But I’m very much worried to know that there are lots bug in Nav 5.0 IN and every body says that Nav 4.0 SP 3 much better than the Nav 5.0 IN.

I am not sure so much if these are bugs, as much as overindulgence by the Indian localization team in pandering to inane requests from NAV partners. :-#

I am looking for a solution to use an external Tax reporting and calculation package out side NAV and reverting to W1. A core reason (IMHO) for a lot of these so called bugs, is the fact that the Indian Tax system changes so often. Many of the other Indian customizations are there simply to compete with local products, and could have been done in other ways. In general NAV on an Indian code base will be slower than on most other country versions. Especially on SQL.

But to answer you actual question. I have not worked yet with NAV 5.00IN (in fact I didn't think it even existed, and maybe you mean 5.00 IN SP1) but either way you are much better off getting on the latest version, since if there are bugs, there is a higher chance of them getting fixed in that version. You might even want to look at NAV 2009 since theoretically 2009 on Classic clients should basically be the same as 5.00 SP1 THEORETICALLY of course 8)
    David Singleton
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'General Chat' forum to 'NAV/Navision' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!