Have no login to Naitive DB

cojnaviworldcojnaviworld Member Posts: 49
Hi All

I have a customer who have an older DB where they have forget the username and password, but the problem is now they have to get access to the DB, what can do?? I really don't know what we can do to help them, especially not since it's a new client and we don't have any username to the DB.

All help will really be apprciated!

THANKS in advance

Comments

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    if he doesn't know the username + PW of the super user(s) than he has a problem.
    You say, it's an old database, so they doesn't work on it? Is the db only for historial looks?
    Maybe you have a native backup (fbk).
    Then you can restore this fbk in a new database and so you have direct access to the new db.
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • cojnaviworldcojnaviworld Member Posts: 49
    Yes it's an old DB, but they need to have the access for it now since they have to follow up on some data years back :-(

There is no FBK file - was also my first question.

But I was thinking maybe someone have made a way to look into a naitive DB for seeing the info in it, if not they are in quite big trouble.
    edited 2008-11-30
    in older version <=3.70 there was a possibility with using 10 / 20 question marks (?).
    Then the system shows you a code, then u must connect NAVISION self (now MS) and they send back a password only for this code. Thats was the only official (and expensive) possibility. I doesn't know, if MS support this for you ... but you can ask them for this Tool

A other possibility is (it's like cracking), if you only know the username (hope its "super"), but forgott the password, that you create a little "cracker" programm with C and the C/front API. Thats the last way on a native database. But if the password is very crypted (like %6_()W€@~') you have also a problem (to find this string because there are so many word combinations).

But i will not give you an example how to design this little programm (and i'm sure no other here will do this ..., it's to dangerous in the "hand of a wrong person")
    The problem is simply that they don't have either the username or password since the people have left the company (have been buy up by another company) and all employee stops! So they have NOTHING :-(( very very stupid but it's the reality
    edited 2008-11-30
    since the people have left the company

why not asking this people?
    Did you have (as the old partner) no "private" account on this database (maybe a old one for support) ?
    That's a possibility but they want to handle this internal first if possible!
    if they have luck, they will found a document with the super user loginname and the password.
    So read all documents .....
    Hehe they have done that!

Maybe some other have a solution for this???
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Try to ask Microsoft, they can have solution for that (C/Dart or something like that...accessing the DB on physical level)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.