Manufacturing question

tompynationtompynation Member Posts: 398
Hi, suppose you create a Production Order for 300KG of Paint...

You change the status to release, and start creating the Paint.
Then you realized that you made a mistake and that the 300KG of Paint is not the Paint desired.

So you have now 300KG of unwanted paint... I put my ouput quantity of the paint line to 0
so that my inventory for the Paint item doesnt rise.

But i want this 300KG of unwanted paint to get as an output quantity for the Item 'WASTE'
So that we can reuse this unwanted paint in a new production order

How can i now store this 300KG to the inventory of my 'WASTE' item ?

Can i just add an extra output line, cause the Production Journal doesnt seem to allow an insert of new Lines

Answers

• cernstcernst Member Posts: 280
    I'm not sure this will solve your problem but you can post negative output and negative consumption in order to correct any misstakes made when reporting output and consumption.
  • DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi

If you are stopping it before colour/pigment is added, then you could record it and the use a re-class journal to change it to a "Waste" item code. You can then create a alternative BOM to use the "Waste" item and colour/pigments when needed.
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html
  • tompynationtompynation Member Posts: 398
    whats the different between using the Item Journal form and this Item Reclass form?
  • reemareema Member Posts: 255
    Item Journal :
    using this form u can increase your Inventory with the option Postive adjustment.
    Using this form u can decrease your inventory with option Negative Adjustment .

Item reclassification Journal :
    Using this form u can transfer your inventory from Onelocation to another location.
    U can also change the Lot inumber using this form
    reema
    so actually; i will need the Item Journal form if i would just like to increase the inventory of an item?

Or should i when i know that the Production of the Paint has failed. Can i just add an extra consumption line for the Item 'WASTE' which i then give the -300 in his quantity field?
    And then i dont need the Item Journal to increase the inventory of the 'WASTE' item...
  • DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi,

My mistake - it's an item journal you need
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html
    so actually; i will need the Item Journal form if i would just like to increase the inventory of an item?

Or should i when i know that the Production of the Paint has failed. Can i just add an extra consumption line for the Item 'WASTE' which i then give the -300 in his quantity field?
    And then i dont need the Item Journal to increase the inventory of the 'WASTE' item...

Would this solution also work ? or would it be better with the Item Journal?
    I found better solution, i addapted the Production Journal so i can add a 2nd Output line...
    Here i just fill in the WASTE item and remove the Output quantity for the original item