How to sort a Report

Gordon_Gecko_77Gordon_Gecko_77 Member Posts: 3
Hi,

I'm a Newbee.

I'd like to sort the report: 712 Inventory Sales Statistics according to the description instead of Number.
How can I sort?

Do I have to work in the C/AL Code?

Greetings Frank

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    I don't have that report - But when you first click on the report name to run it - is there a (SORT) button in the bottom corner? If so choose 'SEARCH DESCRIPTION' if that's a choice.
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    If you change the "Sort Order", take a look to the Property "GroupTotalFields" and to the section design (Group Header / Group Footer). ;-)

The default sort order is "Inventory Posting Group" and the "GroupTotalFields" is also "Inventory Posting Group".

So if you change the sort order, your grouping will not work. =;

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • Gordon_Gecko_77Gordon_Gecko_77 Member Posts: 3
    Hi garak,

like you told me, I tried to change the sort order, but then the grouping didn't work anymore.

Is there no way to change the sorting?
    I did not get this: If you change the "Sort Order", take a look to the Property "GroupTotalFields" and to the section design (Group Header / Group Footer).

What do you mean?

Greetings Frank
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    if you want to group your report, you define the field to group in property GroupTotalFields.
    The field in this property must be in the Sort order key.
    So if you need a sort order like "Search Name" and a group by "Inventory Posting Group" you need a key for sort like:

"Inventory Posting Group", "Search Name"

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!