jetreports: company permission in navision

tzikitzaketzikitzake Member Posts: 13
in Navision I give limited access to users for concret companys, allowing/denying access to all Menusuite objects (filtered by company) with a Role. In Navision it works fine, but it doesn´t work with jet reports: users have access to all companies.
Is there an object in Navision which I can use filtered to give/deny access for jetreports users for some companies? or any suggestion how to configure company access security?

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    You might also want to post in the Jet Reports Forum
    http://community.jetreports.com/
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    This must be done outside NAV. You cannot change the access for external applications (like JetReports are) through NAV. It must be done on the SQL.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    as kine said. But how you connect with jetReport? With a database login or with the WindowsLogin (the same as in the database)?

Also you can create under sql a new user role (Like Company A, B, C) and give this role to the users.
    Now you must deny the permissions (select, grant, inser, etc.) on the sql tables for the user roles.
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • tzikitzaketzikitzake Member Posts: 13
    we conect by database login, and we use native database, so I can't use sql. Filtering every role in navision by company it works, but if I have to give permission for 5 companies for example, I have to filter 5 times each role for each user. I am looking a direct way to give/deny permission by company for each user.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Ok, on Native, you need to set it in NAV. But there is nothing more than default permissions tool. You can create some report which will help you to do what you want in batch automatically...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.