Function to translate numbers into Polish

sfosfo Member Posts: 12
Hello,

We're opening an office in Poland and, apparently, there is a legal requirement that the amount of the invoices needs to be printed in plain letters in Polish. So I'm looking for a function that does this:

tTextReturn := fDecimalToPolish(InDecimal: decimal)
Return value: it should return a text(1024) being the Polish translation of the decimal given.

For example, in English, calling fDecimaltoEnglish(1215.25) would return the text “one thousand two hundred fifteen dot twenty-five” (and not “one two one five…”).

Do you know if such a thing exist? If a Polish-speaker here wants to develop it for us, I'd be happy to pay the freelance work as well! :mrgreen:

Thanks for your help.

Stephan

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    i don't know if it's this simple but how about changing the text constants to polish??

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14441
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Savatage wrote:
    i don't know if it's this simple but how about changing the text constants to polish??

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14441

Polish is not that simple. That basically wont work.

But its actually quite easy.

basically every country version translates the basic Check (Cheque) object, even if that country does not use checks. So grab the polish version of Navision and pull the function out of the Polish Check.

PS don't ask how to do this for the Czech version, because if I had to write a post about Checking the Czech Cheque I think I would go mad.
    David Singleton